Meet Michael Brush

JCphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I work at a ski resort taking portraits and terrain park photos during the winter season. This is my buddy Mike Brush, a local, working on his "portfolio". The camera man is Henri. They've been at it most of the day, throwing everything from 180's to 720's to corkscrews. Did I mention he's 13?

JC_38214-parkcopyweb.jpg

Henri convinced me to climb his ladder and take a shot from on top...
JC_38230-parkcopyweb.jpg

This is my fav shot of Mike. I think its such a good example of how much dedication and passion he has for the sport... (the footprints are all his)
JC_38268-parkcopyweb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

any comments or criticism would be awesome!

JC

That second picture is really cool! The first one (to me), though, looks like the guy is about to crash. (sorry!) I'm thinking that if you have enough patience (and space on your camera card), you could get a lot of great shots.

The last picture is more artistic. I'm not sure why I'm not crazy about it. maybe it's the black and white. It seems a little sad to me, like this person is lost in a bunch of snow.

is it me or does his head look like its missing in the first??? im loving #2, it definatley shows his commitment. looks awesome in b/w, good work :)

Thanks!

the reason he looks like he's bailing in the first is because he is spinning and using his arms and legs for momentum, but I see where you're coming from. The second bothers me a bit with the "missing head" but I still really like the pose and angle. I find it easy to "picture" where his head is.

JC

Most reactions

Back