meet Ronny: street musician (56k killer)

Wonderful story, Jon. I'm sure he will love the photos. I really like some of the angles that you used here. I can see your eye for photographing buildings carries over to people as well, with unique angles and great use of black and white and color here.

man, jon, your killing me here....for one, great story, and can i say, you so have a talent not just for pictures, but for taking the time to meet people...to get to know them...and capture them with your camera...you need to do some kind of a "life in dc..thru the lens, with out the politics..." kinda book...your unreal...

the guy looks great in the first black and white...he will love that one, cause he looks like a rocker...the pic of the guitar with the cigarrette, that is so classic-ly rock, that it gives one a great impression of his life and music....but the one of the neck of the guitar and his hand....you can see where the strings have caused a line in his thumb...that alone tells a tale of practice, and commitment to his craft...and the love of just playing his soul out.....
sorry, off on a tangent... my bad....great great series, let us know what he says about the pic's ok??? i would love to see/hear him myself.......thanks jon...

Awesome work Jon! No one would know from looking at these that you don't typically take people pictures. I'm sure he will love them as much as we do! The story behind these is awesome as well. This is what street photography is all about IMO!!! The angles you have chosen really make some of these shots! I say you are a master all all photography, not just architecture ;)

Fantastic series, the story really makes the photos that much more powerful :hail:

I really dig the shots of his guitar in color. It reminds me of a tumbler of single malt scotch, and from your story I think that really fits--mellow, aged, often missed by those in a hurry, and quite possibly underappreciated....

Nice job JonMikal.

thanks everyone for your time! i will definately let you know what he says about the pics and will also send your greetings along LaFoto. thanks for the editorial idea....somehow i dont think the washington post staff would give me the time of day but its surely worth a try. wish i had a small gazzette to start out with. :wink:

thanks again! you guys are incredibly supportive!

the whole story is awsome
also the pictures are very good!!

Most reactions

Back