Meet the Pets

perylousdemon

TPF owns my soul...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first two are my old grandma of a dog. The third and fourth are my boyfriend's pets. Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Edit: Fixed up some of the issues in the pictures. Tell me what you think!

Attachments

• $All Smiles.JPG
    $All Smiles.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 140
  • $Will Look for Treats.JPG
    $Will Look for Treats.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 127
  • $Tai.JPG
    $Tai.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 124
  • $Egyptian Queen.JPG
    $Egyptian Queen.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 136
What a pity that in the first the focus is on the nose but no longer on the eyes. I find it important that the focus is right in the eyes in photos of this kind.
In 2 it would have been nice to see "your old grandma of a dog's" paws, too. The overexposed background is a tad busy and quite a bit distracting.
If Photo 3 were mine, I'd have cropped off the part on the left (door) and some of the floor in front. That is a beautiful dog and I think the eyes are sharp, though I mostly look at his "fingernails", those look sharpest (in two meanings ;)).
In the cat photo (kudos for not blowing out the fur of an all white cat!), what with her gaze going down, I really miss her paws and a bit of room for her gaze to fall into, while there is a lot of headroom... Just a thought on composition here...

Did you want critique, by the way?
Else, oh well, just forget it.... ;)

What a pity that in the first the focus is on the nose but no longer on the eyes. I find it important that the focus is right in the eyes in photos of this kind.
In 2 it would have been nice to see "your old grandma of a dog's" paws, too. The overexposed background is a tad busy and quite a bit distracting.
If Photo 3 were mine, I'd have cropped off the part on the left (door) and some of the floor in front. That is a beautiful dog and I think the eyes are sharp, though I mostly look at his "fingernails", those look sharpest (in two meanings ;)).
In the cat photo (kudos for not blowing out the fur of an all white cat!), what with her gaze going down, I really miss her paws and a bit of room for her gaze to fall into, while there is a lot of headroom... Just a thought on composition here...

Did you want critique, by the way?
Else, oh well, just forget it.... ;)

Oh, critique all you want. I appreciate it. The site I used to be part of never gave helpful critiques. I always just got comments about how nice the photos were and whatnot.
As for the suggestions, I agree with what you said about the first shot, but it was actually just a snapshot. I didn't expect it to turn out as well as it did. Some of my nicest photos happen by accident. :confused: There was nothing I really could have done to avoid the overexposure in the second one since I wasn't using an SLR for that. I can definitely crop off some of the background, though. I had to taunt her with treats to even get that shot. She doesn't like the camera. Haha. I will definitely crop the third one. Again, it's my issue with centering (in this case, vertically). With the shot of the cat, I'm sort of depressed that she didn't turn out as white as she actually is. She sort of absorbed the creamy color of the walls and carpet. Her paws were cut off because I was actually using the macro mode on my camera, which was probably a mistake, but I learn best from mistakes. ^_^ Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back