Meike battery grip on my D7000 lasted exactly 1 hr

mine did this once or twice when I first got it, but has since been fine for about a month now with not a single error. It essentially would say the battery was dead and controls wouldn't work. I think it was just a connection error due to never having used a grip before. I almost returned mine until a friend of mine with a Nikon grip said that his did the same exact thing when he first got it, but that it stopped after he attached, unattached and reattached 5-10 times (and he said that this was what the Nikon rep told him to do to fix the problem).
Tried the 10 time reconnect, disconnect, no help. The control wheels don't work, and the regular camera controls don't work properly when the grip is connected, something is shorting out.

hmm, mine just turned everything off, and said that the battery was dead (regardless of whether or not it was even supposed to be using the grip battery or camera battery).

Hi guys, I had some issues, one making the camera appear to turn off and say something like "no battery". Also sometimes it allowed the grip in, but didn't detect the battery, with the grip without batteries the controls (that are in the grip) work just fine.

When I tried putting a Nikon battery or AA NiMH batteries in the grip the problem was solved. The issue happened when I used third party (non Nikon) battery.

Sometimes the camera locks up with this grip on, and others it gives Card Memory errors.

If I had the budget I would have spent the extra money in a Nikon grip. But...

If you have the money use Nikon... more cost >> quality...

Got a MB-D11 yesterday. Good, solid workmanship that does what it is suppose to do. You get what you pay for.

I think you've all been unlucky, and no doubt if you've bought from a reputable place you will get your money back, but nothing is built to last thesedays,
I've had my Meike on my D7000 for about a year now without a single problem and i've used it a fair bit.
The actual build quality is extremely good for a 3rd party chinese product too, I only ever use a genuine Nikon battery in it, as far as i'm concerned i got a good deal.

I think you've all been unlucky, and no doubt if you've bought from a reputable place you will get your money back, but nothing is built to last thesedays,
I've had my Meike on my D7000 for about a year now without a single problem and i've used it a fair bit.
The actual build quality is extremely good for a 3rd party chinese product too, I only ever use a genuine Nikon battery in it, as far as i'm concerned i got a good deal.
If the Meike grip had worked properly, I would still be using it. I had no problems with the fit and finish.

It came in today from Amazon. Unboxed it, read the directions and put in some batteries. It worked fine for about 1 hr and the camera started acting weird. Controls didn't work properly, etc. etc. I've requested a return through Amazon. I should have known better, next time I'll spend the $215 and get a Nikon.

I have one on my D800 and so far no problems. I have also had two prior on my Sony a850's. No problems there either. Even Nikon is going to let a bad one out now and then. But If you can swing it the Nikon is certainly the better choice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back