Meirkats & Panda

250Gimp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As I slooowly go through my shots from Australia I am processing them.

Here are a a couple shots of Mierkats and a Red Panda from the Melbourne zoo.

1)
mierkat1.jpg

2)
mierkat2.jpg

3)
mierkat3.jpg

4)
RedPanda.jpg

C&C appreciated!

Cheers :D

I would like to see 1 and 2 with more saturation. Great shots though. IT may just be the high key nature of their fur. But maybe a stop down in raw or some burning in with PS.

3. Nice.

4. Did you PP the odd blur around it or is that natural bokeh? Its different and caught my eye on second look. But its not a bad thing. He is cute. I want one.

3 and 4 are really nice. 3 is wonderfully crisp, and I know how elusive the red pandas can be, so am jealous of your nice face shot of it.

I love red panda's, hope you don't mind me posting a pic in your thread but here's one i got earlier in the year at blackpool zoo with my old 4mp Fuji..

DSCF1472.jpg

No 3 is my favorite tho...

Wonderful pictures, with adorable subjects :)

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

Tyjax: I did bump the saturation a bit, but any more and the colour seemed off to me. The halo you see in the fourth is just the natural bokeh of the shot, not done in PP. It is basically blown highlights as I was shooting through the trees into the sun a bit.

XsCode: Nice shot!

Cheers

Great shots I love the last two..red panda's are so cute! :)

That red panda shot is wonderful. I know its a zoo shot, but you did a great job of making it not seem like it is. But with the way his back is arched up and he's staring at you, I'm inclined to believe he was not happy with being photographed (looks like he's about to get upset!). Is this true?

Thanks poppy67.

Senor Hound, he wasn't really upset, he was just hanging out in his tree, and decided to move when I was there.

I got lucky on the shot, as this is the only one I got!

Cheers

Yep, 3 & 4 are really good! Great job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back