Mem Day Group 2 C&C

Webby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Keep in mind I'm a noob and need guidance. I went out searching for a Memorial Day Theme and this is what I ended up with. None of them any good.:( Perhaps I should have been more specific in what I was trying to shoot?

1. The Old and the New
2009_05_25_4285e.JPG

2. Memories
2009_05_25_4227eHS.JPG

3. The Fallen
2009_05_25_4303e.JPG

Someday I will learn composition and then perhaps how to use the camera.
Don't hold back.

#1 seems like each one is in there own thoughts what today means. I also like old M1 Garands. I love how the tiger-stripe sticks out on the fourth rifle.

#2, Speaks for itself.

#3. I had to look twice to realize what was going on. I like how you did that. Very nicely put together.

OK, here goes my first critique.

#1 Excellent subject matter. The man in the white shirt and the blue car are a little distracting, but understandable you can't ask them to move. I like that it does not have any bright sun spots on the men but the sun on the trees shows it was a beautiful day.

#2 Incredible capture of the look on this gentleman's face. Makes you wonder what he is smiling about. The only thing that I think takes away from this is the harsh shadow line on his face.

#3 Interesting angle, but the cars are a little distracting. Maybe a shot with the monument on the left and more flags on the right. The flag showing in the middle is very nice.

Overall, I think they provide an insight to what Memorial Day is about, to those who are not American. Well done.

#1 - I like the idea, but I don't think this shot works. For one thing, it looks like on camer a flash, which pretty much never looks good. Especially since your subject mater goes into the scene and isn't on the same plane, so the light falloff is obvious and not great looking. But more importantly, 4 out of 6 people have a rifle through their heaad/face. And the rifle/hand on the right edge the belongs to no body isn't weird looking. Watch out for stuff like that.

#2 - I like this. I think the crop is a little too tight, and I wish there was a little more of his shoulders.

#3 - I liek this as well. Good job framing the flag inside the monument. But My eye is immediately drawn to the shiny blown out car in the background. Sometime the difference between a decent shot and a great shot is waiting 30 second for there to be no cars in the background.

Most reactions

Back