Memorial Day from a Canadian

mooimeisie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Our weekly challenge this week, as part of C&C Group 2 is Memorial Day. Not being from the U.S. I had to stretch the theme a little. This is a quote from Wikipedia regarding Memorial Day "Many people observe this holiday by visiting cemeteries and memorials." The following picture was taken at a locel cemetery. It wasn't decorated, but certainly worthy of a photo.

Tofield Headstone
ISO 100, 1/1000 sec, f/8.0, focal length 35mm, WB flourescant (a mistake made all day)

3561239523_658b1033e5_b.jpg

This is also a quote from Wikipedia regarding Memorial Day "In addition to remembrance, Memorial Day is also used as a time for picnics, barbecues, family gatherings, and sporting events." We had friends over for the first weiner roast of summer and I took this picture of the fire with deliberate blur.

Fire Blur
ISO 100, .8 sec, f/2.8, focal length 105mm, WB Auto
3561555688_6331fb0a1d_b.jpg

All C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
First one is very nicely exposed. Not sure I love the crop, but it's a great image. Second one is certainly striking color-wise, but otherwise didn't grab me.

I love the first one. The sky looks great, but I find the trees in the background a little distracting. Though it doesn't really take away from the image.

The second one is cool, but without context I probably wouldn't know what it was a picture of right away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back