Memorial Day from a Canadian

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by mooimeisie, May 24, 2009.

1. mooimeisie

mooimeisie TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Our weekly challenge this week, as part of C&C Group 2 is Memorial Day. Not being from the U.S. I had to stretch the theme a little. This is a quote from Wikipedia regarding Memorial Day "Many people observe this holiday by visiting cemeteries and memorials." The following picture was taken at a locel cemetery. It wasn't decorated, but certainly worthy of a photo.

Tofield Headstone
    ISO 100, 1/1000 sec, f/8.0, focal length 35mm, WB flourescant (a mistake made all day)

[​IMG]

This is also a quote from Wikipedia regarding Memorial Day "In addition to remembrance, Memorial Day is also used as a time for picnics, barbecues, family gatherings, and sporting events." We had friends over for the first weiner roast of summer and I took this picture of the fire with deliberate blur.

Fire Blur
    ISO 100, .8 sec, f/2.8, focal length 105mm, WB Auto
    [​IMG]

All C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  2. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    First one is very nicely exposed. Not sure I love the crop, but it's a great image. Second one is certainly striking color-wise, but otherwise didn't grab me.

3. MattxMosh

MattxMosh TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I love the first one. The sky looks great, but I find the trees in the background a little distracting. Though it doesn't really take away from the image.

The second one is cool, but without context I probably wouldn't know what it was a picture of right away.