Memory Card Help.

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by Kentanner11, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ok I have a Fuji S5000 which came with a 64MB card. I am probably going to do some shooting of a Tennis game and frankly at its best it can only hold like 160~ photos. I remember reading on a website (cant find it now, think it was fuji's) that the 1 gb card was compatible but I dont remember if the 2gb was or not?
    Here is a link to both cards
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=abcat0404005&type=category

How I see it is, I can just buy 2 X 1gb cards and have 2 gb and am not going to be putting all of my pics on one card (or eggs in one basket).

Also, I have heard of people formatting their cards regularly. On my particular card when I open the pictures through My Computer I must go through 2 folders that I know have something to do with the camera. I am wondering if I format the card, thus erasing all the folders on here, can I plug it back into my camera and have it work fine?

Thanks!

2. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I found the chart and would appreciate help understanding it. ( I just edited out the million other cameras and only put mine)

[​IMG]
    (dude photobucket jacked up the pic)

3. Scurra

Scurra TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    According to the site I looked at, as long as you are buying Fuji branded cards the S5000 will accept a 512, 1GB or 2GB card without any problems at all.

If you're buying Olympus branded cards they need to be of type M and your camera should support both 1GB and 2GB varieties.

and if you're buying toshiba again it needs to be a type M and your camera will support a 2GB card.

Regarding the file folders don't worry about them, when you put a new blank card (or format your old card) and turn the camera on again it automatically builds the file structure that the camera needs to save the images.

I hope this helps,

4. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you very much!!!