Memory card rescue needed

Jacotte

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my memory card. After looking at some pictures using a different card reader, I put my memory card in the camera and I had the message "unable to use the card" :(. Then when I tried to read it again using the original card reader, it doesn't show up as a drive - my computer doesn't see it anymore!!! :grumpy:

I tried several Memory card rescue trial downloads, but none of them can see my card... is there any hope of rescuing the pictures in it? If so... how?

Thanks for your advise... much appreciated :hug::
JC

if your using Windows

Go into device manager (on vista / win7 search in the start menu "Device manager" in xp go into control panel, Admin tools, Computer management, Device mgr)

Does that show your card on it? if so, Format it via the device manager then your card will work
your images will be formated in the process but, Download Recuva (Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download)
and scan your memory card to find the images, save them to your desktop, Put your card in your camera and format it in the camera.

Thanks William for your reply... I forgot to mention that I am using a Macbook. Do you have another good advise for me?

Go under aplications, utilities, disk utilities and you should be able to do the same thing, I doubt it will be there if it's not showing up in your finder tho

Most reactions

New Topics

Back