Memory Card - Unbeliveable price

capacity is not the only thing. the performance is probably crap. it's not a high class card and will be slow and susceptible to data corruption. 16GB is overkill anyway and it's better to carry more than one card rather than one huge card.

if something seems to be too good to be true, it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would stay away from pseudo-brands.. in particular with the large cards.

CF is not CF, there are differences in speed, reliability, ....

All my cards are strictly SanDisk Extreme
SanDisk_Extreme_IV_CF_8GB_s.jpg

All my cards are strictly SanDisk Extreme

Just a question why?

With the camera in your sig you could be shooting Ultra II and not notice any performance change, plus they are half the price? I shoot Ultra II in a Nikon D300 and I can't out run them.

I have the 4GB version of it. And it seems pretty good. Of course, it is slow when compare to other fast one. Newegg have the 16G for a little over $50 after shipping. And the reviews from there is not that bad at all.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211170

Using it with my XTI, I do not notice much speed different when taking pictures (compare it with my Sandisk). I believe it is because of the memory buffer in the camera. And I believe if I shooting in continues mode, the slowness may causing some issue. But so far, I have not encounter any problem yet.

Just a question why?

With the camera in your sig you could be shooting Ultra II and not notice any performance change, plus they are half the price? I shoot Ultra II in a Nikon D300 and I can't out run them.
Too right.

Unless your camera can support the UMDA technology, which the Canon Rebel does not, the Extreme IV card is just overkill and of no benefit to you.

Yikes! Extreme IV? Did not even know those existed.

I've used both Extreme III and Ultra II - does not seem to be much performance difference in a 30D so I buy the cheap one (Ultra II). The III is faster, but not enough to justify the much increased price.

Like others, I prefer using many small cards instead of one big one. Do not like "putting all my apples in same cart"

I just picked up an 8gb Velo class 6 SDHC card today for £17.61... cheapest i could find anywhere...

I got a 4gb Extreme III on the weekend before 4th of July from Circuit City for $10 less than their 4gb Ultra III. Couldn't pass it up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back