Memory Question

JIP

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I am going to be purchasing a D700, in the future it will be for weddings but currently it is going to be for travel and I am wondering about cards. What does everone think about Kingston memory cards Amazon has a decent deal on an 8G 133x card and I might order it. so tell me the major difference between this:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-CompactFlash-Memory-Card-CF-8GB-S2/dp/B000Y138EK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1243555145&sr=1-2]Amazon.com: Kingston Elite Pro 8 GB 133x CompactFlash Memory Card CF/8GB-S2: Electronics[/ame]

And this:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-SDCFX3-008G-A31-Retail-Package/dp/B000FKQ8LA/ref=pd_cp_e_3?pf_rd_p=413863501&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000Y138EK&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0AG0YJA4X7TG79TGD6EC]Amazon.com: SanDisk 8 GB Extreme III CF Card SDCFX3-008G-A31 (Retail Package): Electronics[/ame]

And does anyone have any experience with the Kingston cards???.

I have both of those and really do not see any difference in them.

My suggestion is to wait for the Sandisk rebate programs then find them on sale at the same time at a retailer. I did that through an online retailer and got 3 8BG Extreme III cards for $30 after rebate.

Kingston is a top quality memory manufacturer, on par with SanDisk and Lexar. They also construct RAM for PCs and I've never run into problems with Kingston RAM. 'Tis a solid brand.

I have both of those and really do not see any difference in them.

My suggestion is to wait for the Sandisk rebate programs then find them on sale at the same time at a retailer. I did that through an online retailer and got 3 8BG Extreme III cards for $30 after rebate.

Well that is a great suggestion but I will be going on a month-long road trip in about 10 days so I really don't have much time for that.

Sorry. Missed that part. I use 3 Sandisk ones and 2 Kingston ones. It's a tossup to me. Buy either one and you will be fine.

Most reactions

Back