Men of the Line

Solthar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, when you're at an airshow and you only have a 17-50mm lens, you have to get creative!

Here's one I call "Men of the line", a take on the old phrase 'ships of the line'. After all, they're packing a lot of Canon's!

menofthelinenr0.png

Also, I've been playing with curves and levels a bit, anyone mind commenting on which of the following three pics they prefer when considering color balance and contrast?

Number One:
smallspiraltc4.jpg

Number Two:
smalltrail1yu5.jpg

or Number Three?
smalltrail2uu8.jpg

Comments and critique is, of course, more than welcome as well.

^lol way to respond to his post

i like how wide the first pic was shot, i think that looks a lot better than a standard pic would.

as for the other 3, i would take the sky/clouds from your first pic and match it with the plane from the third pic. i think both of those pics have the strongest elements.

^lol way to respond to his post...

:er: Oops... missed that bit. Not my fault... he hid it between images! Yeah, that's it....

Overall my preference is for #3, based on the strength of the "smoke" and the way it appears to come out of the cloud.

My favorite one (out of the sky pictures) is the first one, just because it has the most natural color to it. The second one is an odd shade of blue, and the last one is too gray.

:er: Oops... missed that bit. Not my fault... he hid it between images! Yeah, that's it....

Overall my preference is for #3, based on the strength of the "smoke" and the way it appears to come out of the cloud.

its okay, i seill lurve you :hug::

Sick pics man. My fav is #2 the color and jut the lighting is great!

#2 does it for me.
Looks like the guy on the left is shooting a Nikon w/a big fast glass, in the first shot.

if you look closely you will see that the guy in the left is actually shooting canon - red outlined shoulder strap and white writing. and the guy on the right is shooting nikon - yellow writing on shoulder strap ;)

on topic: i like number 2 most :)

Hah, that just shows you how individual a persons tastes are. A vote for each attempt!

Thanks for your comments - hopefully the next batch will turn out better because of them.

number 2. great image. the better cb/con. that inky saturation on the base of cloud is a bit detracting.
i don't know or care if that sky blue is accurate. it looks super.

re: 'men of the line' the guy 2nd left ..is he photographing passing aircraft, or one of the outer moons of jupiter ? i just wondered..

re: 'men of the line' the guy 2nd left ..is he photographing passing aircraft, or one of the outer moons of jupiter ? i just wondered..

I was wondering the same thing... My vote is that he's doing a study on the nostril hairs of pilots.

On a more serious note, anyone know what lens he's using? That thing was BIG. There was a bit of white showing, so Mayhaps one of the L?

Most reactions

Back