aftican_horned_owl_05.jpg

camelion_01.jpg

rhino_01.jpg

yellow_weaver_03.jpg

Any idea what this type of bird is?
bird_01.jpg

Hope you like them, thanks for looking,

tim

The first two are coming up as red x of death. Excellent focus and vibrant colors in #3. #4 is well done, but just a little bland for my tastes. Excellent colors and DOF is #5 and 6. Nice work!

Thanks emptypockets, my host sucks, but hitting F5 cures it sometimes. I know what you mean by 4 is bland, and more monochromatic than most black and whites. Thanks for all the comments :).

tim

showing up for me - just try a refresh empty.
As for me I can think of only one problem with them and I think its the way you are shooting - but I think it would be better if you could just zoom back a tiny bit to get either the whole animal (as in the case of the small birds here) or the whole head.
You are getting colours, lighting, angle, focus and depth of field very well (that first is amazingly sharp) but its not the same when the shots are soo closely cropped -- 2 and 3 work very well and show enough of the animals head :)
Great work - :)

Thanks very much Overread, alas i think you are probably totally right about the cropping, i have no excuse either, it is a habbit that i seem to be getting more and more stuck in too. Part of it is because i am a detail junkie, and at these resolutions the detail disapears if you get any further away from the subject. The only thing i can say that is mitigating is that i havnt used a zoom in a very long time so sometimes i dont have a choice :), just wondering is the unedited (uncropped) version better?
secretary_bird_03.jpg

tim

Gah you know I have no idea which is the better! I think if you had managed to get the topfeaters into the full version it would have won outright, but without them taking the extreme rout and focusing on the details you captured in the eye and face might be a better way to show the shot
As for the details you are right - might be an idea to sometimes post a 100% crop of a section of a shot below it to show people the level of detail in the fullsized shot - that way you won't feel so bad when you scale down the fullsized image.

Cool shots Tim. Subjects are rather, larger than usual? I like the lizard the most.

I admit I'm really sleepy, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what #4 is. I see an eye and grey skin.

This is no insult to your photography, I truly believe its just me. If you don't mind telling me what sort of animal I'm looking at, its driving me crazy (why can't I tell?)

Great shots!
I like the nr.4...Rhinos..great pic.

Btw..you can also right click on the red crosses and then show picture;)

Very nice shots.
I really like the owl and lizard.

Dani.

Overread, thanks again, it is good to get some real criticisms, and especially nice when someone takes the time to think about them :).

Thanks abraxas, i promise they will get smaller again very soon, they take so long to process that they tend to be left waiting for winter sometimes :.

Senor Hound, i have problems seeing what it is and i took the picture, the two rhnons are almost the same colour and shade, and dissapear into each other, the intra rhino colour changes are even bigger than the inter rhino :) All the stuff coming up from the bottom is the mud splashing as they hit, also the same colour, which doesnt help :)

Robstar1619, thanks for pointing that out, i am gojn g to have to put that in my sig or get another host sometime, network solutions was supposed to be good when i got it, ho hum.

Thanks Dani, they are my faves too that lens (105sigma) is just so easy and nice to use, the images end up so much nicer than any other lens i have, it always turns out the nice ones are from it :).

tim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back