"Mergers" unite...

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... these two for me, can you do it? What do you think? What ONE photo might come out of it if you put these two together?

Wmmewiesen1.jpg

Wmmewiesen2.jpg

Here ya go. I just merged them. Didn't do anything fancy.

AfterWmmewiesen1.jpg

Here's what I used:
Cloning to get rid of weeds (little bit dodgy in bottom left corner)
Layer mask to get rid of one of the grass areas.
I think I changed a little bit of the contrast and Shadows and Highlights as well.
Come on... give us a hard one. hehehe

Hey, I am HAPPY about this one! It may NOT be hard AT ALL for the PS whizzes round here, but for someone whose only postprocessing tool is the programme that came along with the scanner, this is PURE MAGIC! Thank you!

It's good that you took two photos for this. One for the sky and one for the ground. That way you don't have to replace any parts of it, you just have to merge them together with bits of cloning and different degrees of masking. It gets tough when you want a new sky in there with all those branches and leaves. It is really hard to put a sky in with branches and leaves and still have it look real.

Well that's what I find anyway.

Hey, cool: this is interesting! Your photo came out all different from Meysha's merged version! Apparently, you did not make use of the "bright green"-photos most forward part (the fence and weeds that took the flash-light), but created that part from the other photo. Seems like Meysha also used the brighter branches of that tree there, while you used the darker ones. In your photo, a ray of sunlight seems to lit up only part of the grass... how did you do it? (I don't believe that you have no training in photoshop. You certainly MUST have the KNOWLEDGE!)

Well... I didn't use the lighter image at all. The foreground is all you! I selected the foreground only in the deeper image and made adjustments using "curves."

I also made a feeble attempt at making the trees at the horizon line taller. I wanted to narrow the gap between the bottom of the cloulds and the tree tops. I think I could have done a bit more there.

Honest... I have no training in PS. I have spent a bunch of time playing around with it.

This is a combination of your photos with just a little extral kick...I captured this zebra and didn't know what to do with it...and you gave me the avenue that I needed. By far not perfect, but I had about twenty minutes before I had to go to work, so I thought it would add a little something.

Wmmewiesen2b.jpg

Teeheeheeheeee :D, this is funny! I like your solution :). And for just 20 minutes time...! I don't even have a PROGRAMME for this, let alone the knowledge (Pete!) nor the skill!

Well done Pete, I like yours over all. Not too bright, but not too dark. Good job on the trees too..

Most reactions

Back