Merging exposures in Photoshop

themanchoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been taking landscape shots with my 400D, and with some of them I have taken more than one shot of the same scene, with different exposures (for the sky and land). I'm sure I've seen a way to merge them in Photoshop so that I get the decent sky and the decent land merged into one shot. Thanks for any tips!

Or you can copy one exposure on top of the other as a layer. Add a layer mask to the top layer, and use the brush tool to brush in the layer underneath. Switch between white and black (paint for the brush) to paint one layer or the other.

Yes usually drag one image onto the other (using the shift key) which creates a 2 layer image then mask out the areas I don't want. You can also use the opacity slider on the brush for even more control.

Normally HDR merge only works with photos have been taken with a tripod. So as long as all are of the exact same shot, it should work.

Thanks for the help, everyone. Yes the shots were all taken on a tripod, and the HDR has worked quite nicely. Will try the various methods and see what happens! Thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back