messing around with ink jet transparency

windrivermaiden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to Staples to get their lovely store brand ink jet tranparency film to do some transfers but they didn't have any. So, I bought this instead: 3M-CG3460.

Not EVEN conducive to doing the traditional wet transfer where one lays the gelatin side of the transparency on to a sheet of damp paper causing the image to transfer to the paper in a very “water color” sort of way. It seems that the 3M transparency has an ink receptor film that isn't gelatin but rather some sort of micro-porous plastic. BUT, Never to be subdued by product that doesn't work the way I want...I came up with a technique to part that silly little film layer from the plastic backing and adhere it to paper.:lol:

Results....as sort of modernish polaroid emulsion transfer image.

coffeescan7.jpg

Coffee for Two with Green M&M's

I'm writing up a tutorial and I will post it next week. Life permitting.:lmao:

Well, I'd say you forced it to do your bidding, Crystal - it looks great! :thumbup: My husband was into trying inkjet transfers for a time, but he had poor success with our Epson 2200. What printer do you use?

I look forward to reading the tutorial!

I have an epson stylus Photo 1400. I think with this process the drying time and the excessive sats are crucial to the process working. As is patience.
Dang patience! I want it NOW!

I have an epson stylus Photo 1400. I think with this process the drying time and the excessive sats are crucial to the process working. As is patience.
Dang patience! I want it NOW!
Why don't you shoot digital, then? :twisted:

:turns to flee before Crystal can throw something:

You mean, my impatience is going to get me kicked to the "dark side" (digital):lol: ...Out of the fun zone of alternative.:lol::lmao:

Yeah right! this is just to take up down time while my gum prints are washing!:lmao:

Just one, a wedding portrait. today Layer 3 cyan.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back