Met up with my High School Photo teacher

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
She was having an art showing today and tomorrow so I stopped by. She was super stoked that I got back into photography, maybe almost more than seeing me again for the first time in 15 years.

Also ran back into two high school friends that I did three years of photo with and are both photographers still, one a teacher herself and the other a wedding photographer that wants me to tag along and second shoot with her.

Some of you might be glad to know they are still teaching film photography in high school and she was trying her best to convince me to go back to my roots :p

That's really awesome! I know my high school teacher still teaches, but I doubt I'll ever see her again. How neat that you were able to reconnect.

My daughter is learning film and digital as well as film developing in her HS class. My only issue is that for the digital portion they are letting kids use their cell phones and her teacher doesn't know anything about changing aperture or shutter speed. So far my daughter has been told to keep her camera on full auto.

No she was good; I just didn't listen.

...could have sworn the title said, "Hooked up with my High School Photo teacher"...my bad, my bad...

Wow, still film. I wonder if that's because of the available equipment.

I know when I was in her class a dslr was a requirement and students had to provide their own. I think it's good. Her school also has four levels of photography where you can take photo as a freshman, she said her photo 4 class has 22 students this year. 15 years ago my photo 3 class had 6. Three of us met up last night.

That's so neat!!! Wish I could see my fav teacher again, but alas that was a zillion years ago. I am glad you had the chance to see her.

It's always fun to see your old teachers. I'm still in touch with one of my favorites and go visit her at home whenever I get the chance. She even came up for my wedding 9 years ago.

and just because I look good... here's a shot my teacher took of my me with my old friend Amy and her 15 day old baby. She and I worked at the local 1 hour photo together during school and she went on to actually buy it from the owner and get into wedding photography.

10653790_10154764191675512_4525948331857261638_n.jpg

What's your excuse now ? lol
Still don't have one.

Most reactions

Back