Meter for Manual Cameras

JamesD

Between darkrooms
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What would those in the know recommend for an external light meter? I'm looking at adding to my small collection of manual cameras, and it's about time to start using something other than the Sunny-16 rule. I'm looking to get fairly decent results, and, perhaps more particularly, not break the bank. (That's what cameras are for, right? Ha!)

Any suggestions?

I have a couple of Gossen Luna-Pro's that have never failed me. They can be had with a telephoto, mictoscope and other attachments. A good, reasonable little meter with a wide range. Has good low light sensitivity. I also have a Gossen Luna-pro digital flash meter that also serves as a standard meter, also very nice meter. (but a lot more pricey)

When I go out shooting with my vintage non-metered pentaxes, I always bring along a vintage handheld light meter. The good news is that they can be had for next to nothing and the selenium ones do not require batteries. I recommend Sekonic Auto-Leader 3, Model 162... it has always given me accurate exposures for most situtations.

Don't have a picture to show yah but I did find the exact model on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-SEKONIC...558632718QQcategoryZ88670QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back