Metro Toronto Zoo: Sumatran Tiger Series

JOAT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Today I took my family to the zoo since we are all off this week for the march break. As always I came away with many pictures but the Tigers are always my fav's.

It's always challenging to get decent pics since they are behind a cage, but zooming out fully usually blurs out the fence though you could see it a little.

Here's a few of the sumatran tiger and their cubs.

sumtig01.jpg

sumtig02.jpg

sumtig03.jpg

sumtig04.jpg

sumtig05.jpg

sumtig06.jpg

sumtig07.jpg

sumtig08.jpg

JOAT - long time no see!! You always take such great tiger pics. I haven't been out to see this set of cubs yet (and they're getting so big...I better hurry or they'll be gone). You did well, shooting through that darn glass. The first 3 are great headshots, with #2 being my fave because it shows the predator in growling mode.

Edit: I thought these were taken through the glass...or were they taken on the other side of the boardwalk, through the fence?

#2 is awsome! These can all use a little more post processing though.

Wow, those are great! I love tigers (or cats in general). But these are just great :)

beautiful animals - the tiger and the wolf are my favs.
great shots..thanks for sharing

Cheers guys, I appreciate the comments. It was definitely nice to see them this year as well, especially with the cubs now.

Antartican: yup through the fence in full zoom, so composition wise I was quite limited. The cubs are pretty big now...I missed it when they were smaller.

what a pretty kitty! have you seen the Liger? the cross between the tiger and lion? I dont think i have it anymore but Im sure you can google it....its humongous!

Don't kid us Joat: Fence??? Where? Where? I believe you were RIGHT IN THERE with them! Yes, I firmly believe that! You stepped next to them with the 50mm lens.
:wink: :wink: :wink:
Didn't you?
How come you get such crispness with a telephoto lens then?
Ah, you got that really good one for your bird photography, right?

And Sw1tchFX, what MORE should be done to these in pp? I would not know what else to do. Can tiger photos get any better than these?

beautiful series! Ever get the feeling the Tiger in #4 knew what was coming next? :lol:

Most reactions

Back