Mexico Trip! (18 pics, DIAL UP WARNING!)

Thanks guys! 49 photos Hobbes? Jesus your nuts, haha jk.

Thanks MissMia, I know what you mean!! (jk of course)

Wow! This is one of the best travel series I have seen. You really capture the feeling of the place and local culture. It isn't all just pretty sunsets (which I have a weakness for as well) :)

I was trying to pick favorites....

Let's see 10, 12, 13, 16, and 18 :)

wow great shots! really like the shots of sea lions :D never thought there are sea lions in the subtropics and tropics.
hehe it took awhile to load the pics so I know now why people were complaining when I created a thread with 49 photos :mrgreen:

Umm you had something like 60-something before you "cut it down" to 49 :lol: I couldn't even leave a comment without it jumping around like mad (on highspeed!). I think I finally got in "too many" or something like that as my comment :lol:

Thanks Lyncca!

Hobbes had 60 photos??? Hopefully the images were no larger than 400 pixels wide haha.

Thanks Ronman.

There are holiday photos and holiday photos!

These definitely are among the GOOD holiday photos, while often people come back with and are happy with only snaps (nothing against snaps, that's what I take most of the time!, they do bring memories back when you look at them after many years have passed!!!). But you not only composed with care while you were there, you also dedicated quite some time on them for some pp. AND you made a CHOICE. I am sure you not only TOOK 24 photos, but you decided on those 24 (in your gallery here, 18 of which we get to see directly). Deciding on only the "show-worthy" from a large amount of photos is a necessary step to be taken once we dedicate ourselves to photography, too, I think. You did it, and you chose well ... your photos do take us on a trip to Mexico WITH you.

none of them are hdr. I didn't have a tripod on this trip :confused:

If you shot it in Raw, try doing a single file HDR with Photomatix. The picture of the market, and a few other would probably end up even better looking. If you can give it a shot and post the results. Otherwise, good looking stuff.

Thanks guys! 49 photos Hobbes? Jesus your nuts, haha jk.

hehe well I didn't know it would take that long to load these photos :mrgreen: since it worked quite good for me when I checked and I guess I kinda took way too many photos and couldn't really decide on which I wanted to show

Anyway I guess these ostriches you saw was at a farm or a park? since from what I have learned they only exists naturally in Africa. There are a few ostrich farms here in Sweden since there are people here who like to eat them :confused: I wonder if dodo birds still exist would there be dodo farms too :D

Thanks Lafoto :biggrin:. It was a tough decision on deciding what pics to edit, upload, and post here on TPF.

photogmatt, I've tonemapped single files before but for some reason I don't really do that. Thanks for the comment.

Hobbes, I know the ostriches were owned by people but they were just kind of wandering around. That fence you see only blocks them from going that direction, but if they wanted to they could walk wherever they want haha. It did surprise me seeing ostriches though.

Great shots. I like all of them.

They do look like they have seen high pass filter sharpening? I'm not good at PS, but you do a great job of making subjects stick out. I like the desaturated background and layers to differentiate distances... I need to keep that in mind next pictures I PP. I like to try making changes to my own "feel" with taking and mixing ideas of others. These pictures def. gave me ideas.

Great work. Look forward to future pictures.

all good, all good, but to me #3 is so nice, the greeen colors are awesome! u got a polarizer ? or just PP?

Great shots. I like all of them.

They do look like they have seen high pass filter sharpening? I'm not good at PS, but you do a great job of making subjects stick out. I like the desaturated background and layers to differentiate distances... I need to keep that in mind next pictures I PP. I like to try making changes to my own "feel" with taking and mixing ideas of others. These pictures def. gave me ideas.

Great work. Look forward to future pictures.

A couple of them have been through high pass filter sharpening, your right. Thanks for the comment.

Myspacepix, I actually used both a polarizer and a good amount of pp. Thanks for the comment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back