MF an 35mm collection

Patrice

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Here are two pictures of the film cameras I use (not so much since the D200 :wink: ). All are in working order, some even have film in them. Some are gems, others are just cameras. The Pentacon system is from East Germany (before reunification) with all ZEISS lenses. The 180mm f2.8 is massive.

12264-PENTACON.jpg

12264-CAMERAS.jpg

Pat

Nice! The XA and the Mamiya have been on my "want-one-of-those" list for some time now. I like how your collection seems to go straight from tiny cameras to enormous ones :D

jwkwd said:
So which is your favorite?

The FM2 and the F4 have seen the most use. The waterproof A-1 is great for watersports and beach. The Canon rangefinder is super quiet and resonably fast. The TLR's bellows focusing teamed up with a wide angle lens will focus really really close giving interesting shots but is not easy to use. My favorite is the little Rollei - bought that one for no particular reason or purpose other than it's a nice and quirky little camera.

I miss those days. I used to collect cameras as well. At its height, my Nikon collection had an example of every Nikon SLR body ever made (not every version) and 55 Nikkor lenses including the 18mm f2.8 you have hanging on your F4 (unless it is a zoom.) One highlight was a new in the box FTn that I sold for $3500 on Ebay. It was fun just to look at the stuff. I had a handful of Nikon rangefinders as well. I see you have an F3. It is the Nikon I used the most and the F2 was in second place. I didn't like the F4 just because of its weight but I had a beautiful one. I'll try to dig up a photo of the whole shebang. I sold every single piece of the collection. The only 35mm camera I still own is an Olympus OM2 system that belonged to my uncle.

I had a Mamiya 330 also and the Zeiss Contaflex was my very first camera - a gift from my Father upon graduating high school.

You have a nice collection of cameras. Enjoy them.

What is the little black olympus point and shoot? I remember seeing that online, something about "the camera professional photographers take on vacation"

Wow, a VERY nice collection indeed. Several of those would be in my collection if I were still into that. A lot of those are getting easy to find for cheap money on ebay now... Don't give me any funny ideas!

I had a Rollei 35, it was my favorite for a while, but I had a hard time guessing the focal distance properly. My landscapes came out much better than my portraits with that one.

Is that an Olympus Pen camera on the lower right, or a full framer?

The Olympus XA was the first camera to feature the now-famous clamshell design. it is neat, because it protects everything; not just the lens. It's also not finnicky at all, like the tiny little lens shutters on modern cameras.

I was this close to buying a Stylus (before they came out with the slick f/2.8 version) and I decided to go for the Zeiss lens on the Yashica T4 over the slick clamshell cover.

Nice! I like all of them! That makes me want to dig my Olympus XA from a box I keep it in and take it along wherever I go. Such a small little wonder. And the Rollei... I love these little buggers!

:O You have an XA in the house and have never used it?! :O
For shame, sir, for shame! :D

:O You have an XA in the house and have never used it?! :O
For shame, sir, for shame! :D

not in the house i am in, as well not in the same state (or for that matter, side of the country) as i am in.

otherwise i would have used it.

I did find a Minox GL in the house last time i was there... added new batteries and it is minty

Most reactions

New Topics

Back