MF kit completed

20150130_205248post.jpg

Suffice it to say tonight was not a good night.

ouch, what went wrong spark?

I thought I'd try the nylon reel & tank I was given. Used them with 35mm with no issues.

But tore the (@&$ out of this roll once it started ratcheting.

So I tossed the film in the tank and got the stainless steel set out.

On the plus side, it appears my exposures were pretty close (even the 45-second shot!). And my new light seals are fine. And the focus is good.

Too bad. I've heard a lot of people have trouble with 120 and plastic. I never did. I always used a Yankee tank, clipped the leading corners and if the reel was dry, it would ratchet on nicely.

The kit looks terrific! Nice bag for all the goodies, too. :)

I've never had an issue with the plastic reels for either 35 or 120 - sorry this one turned on you. :( You put it where it needed to go!

Exposures, seals, focus all good - sounds like the basics will carry you through!

That looks great, I'd love to try one of these cameras one day. It's a shame MF digital backs are so expensive.

My plan is to eventually get a scanner capable of handling MF.

Scanners capable of handling MF aren't hard to find. I use an Epson V550 I got from Office Depot.

That's a mighty purty setup you got there.

I picked up a Canon 9000F this morning.

I was looking at the V600 as well. I got the Canon because 1.) the photo store had one and 2.) it was $30 cheaper than the V600 at Staples.

The specs looked the same.

Thanks. I thought maybe you knew something more than I do about scanners. I know nothing about them lol.

I just drove down to the local brick-n-mortar store and asked. One person there said she uses an older version of the Canon, and she has an RB67 as well. She was happy with it, so I figured $200 for a current version can't be a bad decision.

I just drove down to the local brick-n-mortar store and asked. One person there said she uses an older version of the Canon, and she has an RB67 as well. She was happy with it, so I figured $200 for a current version can't be a bad decision.
Sounds like a pretty good deal. Last time I had a scanner was in 1997, a Microtek, and it cost about $600!! Amazing how much cheaper they've gotten over the years. Cheap Chinese labor, I guess. I stumbled upon a ton of old pics while packing, and decided that I want to scan a lot of them for archival purposes. I was going to just use Amazon as usual, but maybe I'll drive down to Staples tomorrow and see what's up. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Most reactions

Back