Miami Dolphins Stadium, pano

Silverpenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpeters.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally had a go at processing this beast of an image! I don't think this is my final pass but I've got the base image sorted now so I thought I'd stick it up for all to see.

It was BLOODY hot this day, 100 degrees! I had sweat dripping off me from just sitting still and the top of the D3 was too hot to touch - no thanks to a cloudless sky and the sun directly overhead!

Flickr has done it's usual over sharpening trick, thanks Flickr!

Anyway, here is the medium size:
3000120694_47963335c3.jpg

And here it is 1100 pixels wide. Impact is lost at these sizes...the original looks very nice with a ton of crown detail! Speaking of crowds, autopano pro did an AMAZING job of stitching this and working out when there were ghosts of people that should be removed. There are a couple of small errors in the foreground people but I can live with that.

Oh and it's 6 vertical shots stitched :)

What did you shoot it with?

^^ Has to be the first game of the regular season this year, my University of Miami sets are on opposite side and corner in the shade

How did you snap the shots fast enough to avoid movement in the crowd and on the field? Or did you crop this out of a much bigger image?

I can usually spot some seams or slight variations in panos, NOT this one super tight @1200pxls! :thumbup:

I'm glad no one, or camera was over cooked!

-Shea

Awesome shot but couldn't a nice wide angle lens produce the same effect? Also, how many shots did you take for this pic?

I think this could be pulled off with a good wide as well......

Nice work on the shot either way.......

I think this could be pulled off with a good wide as well......

Nice work on the shot either way.......
Of course you could easily take this with a wide angle, however...the image was from 6 shots and the full res is (from memory) something like 16,000 x 9,000 pixels so it is MUCH more detailed and could be printed way bigger than a single frame wide angle which would only have been 4,200 x maybe 2,500. Zoom in to a single shot compared to a pano of the same image and you will see the huge difference in detail, that's the advantage, especially on a shot like this that has so much detail.

Pano shot's, for me, are a way of getting that wide angle look a) without having to carry an extra lens and b) to get much more detail in the shots that you would otherwise.

:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back