Miami Indian Hammocks - chiaroscuro

Zeabned

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are two photos from the Indian Hammocks Park, which contains a preserve of the historical Florida vegetation specimens (hammocks).

2886668006_cd13b29dcb.jpg

2914629217_87003918f2.jpg

Last edited:
Set your bio so we know if it's OK or not to edit your images.

The sky is overexposed but you can save it with some editing!

I like the shot.

Set your bio so we know if it's OK or not to edit your images.

The sky is overexposed but you can save it with some editing!

I like the shot.

Thank you very much for your input. The shot was the third exposure in a bracketed sequence. I chose it because although it overexposes the sky, it allows some green into the branch leaves. The following photo is the second exposure in the same bracketing sequence. In this one the sky is properly exposed (I hope) but the branches are rendered almost as mere silhouettes; there is no real chiaroscuro effect. It appears to be a metering dilemma that I haven't quite resolved. But I would prefer to try to solve it in-camera and not in post processing. Thanks again for your comments.

Contents Deleted - Will resize.

Last edited:
Photos at 1024 px wide are too wide for some viewer's screens, which is why we suggest all our members downsize their photos to a maximum width of 800 px (landscape format) or maximum height of 800 px (portrait format).

I like the effect you went for, but I feel you better achieved it in the second version shown here, as the "oscuro" does not show (but the greens do) in the first. The first looks "chiaro" ... though in a milky, hazy sort of way. Which takes away from the "oscuro"...clearly does.

Most reactions

Back