Mice of war

pacereve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
kylejordan.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i've had a nice new adventure. Found out i'm not too fond of mice, which is good to know.

I saw a mouse a while back and decided to act fast and kill it with a trap.
I had to go out and buy some darn expensive one that doesn't risk the unnesesary bruises to my fingers.
I set up my trap, bait it with peanut butter AND cheese, and and wait like a beast stalking it's prey.
The mouse is far tempted and waddles to the trap.
He eats and leaves with a full belly.
I was not impressed.
I bolt over and rebait the trap.
I'm over exhausted and head off to bed in hopes of a gift in the morning.
Just as I'm about to dose off to sleep, i'm rudely startled by the trap snapping.
I smile with glee and dash downstairs like a child on christmas morning.
The mouse is dead. I've won the battle.
As I turn to head back to bed in triumph I feel something against my foot and hear a squeak.
I just about squealed like a school-yard girl.
I had just about stepped on another mouse.
After setting up another trap, I head off to bed.
Just as I'm dosing off again, I hear nails digging into carpet and scrapping.
I'm startled once again and turn on the lights to see what the ruckus is.
A mouse is in my room upstairs running all over like he's sending me a message of war.
Boy, was I upset.
There I am, half naked, chasing a mouse around the upstairs of my suite.
After minutes of embarrassing torture I kick the bugger downstairs to where the traps await.
I'm about to fall asleep standing upward and head to bed once again in hopes of a dead mouse.
The next morning, the traps are untouched and licked clean.

The adventure continues....:confused:

I feel your pain, pacereve!

A few years ago we had a mouse issue (only one, thankfully). I tried to buy one of those glue traps so I wouldn't have to deal with the snapping kind. NOTHING. I even baited the dumb thing, no mouse. So I finally broke down and bought a real mousetrap with the snapping arm on it. I baited it with a piece from a Kraft Singles - that was the closest thing to cheese we had at the time.

5-10 minutes later, I heard the SNAP! So I ran gleefully over to the trap. There was the victim. Victory!!

Although I think I might have taken it too far because the last thing that mouse heard was me taunting him. "That's right, mouse! Don't mess with me!"

Teach that mouse who's boss! hehe - Thankgoodness there is no one watching me do the victory dance...

So far i'm up to 4 dead mice. I've retreated once. It wasn't my fault thought, the mouse got his butt stuck in a trap (I don't want to know). About 2:00am I hear one of my traps raking across the floor and banging into objects. Half asleep I fumble downstairs and catch this mouse, with is butt in a trap, caught between two chairs. He's squawking and squiggling to get free. I didn't have the balls to push my second trap his way. So there's me grossed out and squirming as I to pick up the trap with this mouse alive and in it. I'm trying to keep my fingers as far away from it. I drop him once when he got too close to the fingers. I managed to muster up enough courage to pick him up again and take him outside and release him. I had to go wash my hands after that experience.

Arghhhhh little buggers!!!

I was roughing it in a school hut in Malaysia for a month in the summer, we soon discovered a "friend" chewing into our food supplies.... we all slept in mosquito nets but one night I clearly trapped the little bugger in my mozzie net before lying down and about 2 seconds later something ran across my head. I was not amused. My swearing woke up most of our group. The scary thing is that I was obsessive over tucking myself into my mosquito net well, to avoid mosquito bites, so when I knew something was in my net, I also knew there was no way in hell it could get out easily... I was flapping around trying to untuck my mozzie net like a maniac lol. I then hid in my sleeping bag and checked my mozzie net to be sure the little bugger had gone. Not 5 minutes I'd been hiding/suffocating inside my bag and the thing ran up the outside of it again, grrr... and it wasn't little cos I really felt it run up the sleeping bag! Rather scary when you have no lights to turn on and only torches in pitch blacknes!

We finally caught the little pain in a humane trap, which turned out to be not quite so humane as it managed to cut its tail off, and it turned out to be a sodding great big fat rat.... YUCK!!!

Could've been worse though, one of my team mates woke up with it sitting on his forehead. Warning, malaysian rats are not shy lol!!!

Hope you don't have too much more mouse drama....

All gods creatures great and small. I get everything from Earwig's to stray cats visiting once the temp drops to 20º at night. I never kill anything. I let them know they are just visiting until they can find a better location.

We've had mice in the house, all alive, half alive-half dead, dead, quartered, chewed and regurgitated. All kind. This is when you have a run-the-mill-house-and-garden-cat. ;).
I HATE the sight of mice killed in the regular snap trap more than the real, living things.
My love stops when they become rats, though!
But our cat also sees to those! :D

i dont know if i could bring myself to kill an animal. Ive managed to avoid the situation upto now.

that said, i have no problem eating them, so maybe that makes me a bit of a hypocrit... hmmm...:scratch:

I've had mice when I lived in a flat in Baron's Court near the tube line. I went from a Buddist state of calm to flaming animal-killing rage in about three days. When there's mouse poo in your coffee mug in the morning, you reach snapping point.

However, to anyone who is considering living near a tube line.... Don't! You'll never stop the rats/mice/roaches.

Rob

JohnMF said:
i dont know if i could bring myself to kill an animal. Ive managed to avoid the situation upto now.

that said, i have no problem eating them, so maybe that makes me a bit of a hypocrit... hmmm...:scratch:

I was thinking the same thing... Live life I guess. Gotta eat gotta live. I think squishing animals because they are bothering you should be the absolute last resort. Somehow the cat idea seems humane. Think I have said too much... I could go on for hours.

Most reactions

Back