e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi y'all!!!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while (Not that there are many of you left who even remember who I am, ha), but I've been super busy.

I work a Full Time job (that I'm about to make more part time and less full time), I manage my friend's photography business, I manage my own photography business, I retouch/edit for other photographers, I'm second shooting almost every weekend.... whoa. ha.

But I find myself here on this lovely Sunday, just hanging out, cleaning my house, and waiting for this evening when some friends and I are having a bon fire here. SO... I thought I'd swing by and share some of what I've done recently :)

This one was a senior portrait session I did. His mother is a returning client and one of my favorite people to work with.

This is Michael!

_U5A0002 1.jpg

_U5A0034 1.jpg

_U5A0055.jpg

_U5A0108.jpg

_U5A0116 2.jpg

_U5A0186.jpg

_U5A0307.jpg

_U5A0379.jpg

_U5A0422.jpg

_U5A0474.jpg

_U5A0547.jpg

Attachments

• _U5A0143.jpg
    _U5A0143.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
I have a feel you could even make me look good in photos...

using tapatalk.

Hey, I think I remember you. ;)
Good set, as usual. I'm not a fan of the top of the head cropping on #8; it is so slight that it doesn't look intentional. I love 6, 7 and 11.

Is always a pleasure to see what you've been up to! I'm loving the tuxedo shots. They are all wonderful though. Glad you stopped by!

Nice set. My one nit-pick is the suit/scene combo. The 8th is nice, and well executed. But the rest of him in a suit in a field of tall grass doesn't make sense--I'd like to see him in more of a business-atmosphere or something with the suit. It just doesn't make "sense" to me. Overall, the image quality is excellent. Nicely done, minus that one nitpick :)

Jake

#8 is a fav for me. I also like 6 a lot. They're so crispy sharp, love it. I struggle with that.

Great like always! It is great to see you posting some! :)

Excellent. 5 is my favorite. Is there a lot of post editing involved? Or do the original come out that good? Did you use a flash to fill in?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#8 is a fav for me. I also like 6 a lot. They're so crispy sharp, love it. I struggle with that.

Agreed. It seems that my natural light photos tend to get soft when I pixel peep but that doesn't seem to be the case with yours. Any tips?

Excellent. 5 is my favorite. Is there a lot of post editing involved? Or do the original come out that good? Did you use a flash to fill in?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There is always post involved in everything I do. THAT SAID... its important to start from a good source file.

I didn't use any flash to fill. I had a reflector on set, but I don't think we even used it for anything. Learning to read the light and seeing where it's good, is super important. My natural light stuff used to suck a lot, but that's because I never really paid any mind to *how* the light was falling. It's something I'm still learning, but I've gotten a lot better with it lately, haha.

But yeah, no flash, at all. This session was 100% natural light.

(Sorry if that was an inadequate explanation. I'm still trying to wake up. If you have more questions, feel free to ask).

Agreed. It seems that my natural light photos tend to get soft when I pixel peep but that doesn't seem to be the case with yours. Any tips?

Use good glass, and don't shoot at too slow of a shutter speed. I mean, that's pretty much it. Ha.

I do some sharpening in post to really make it crispy, but it's already a sharp image to begin with. If I try to sharpen a soft photo, it still looks soft in the end.

Most reactions

Back