Michael Phelps

I don't want to ... less even since almost ALL our German swimmers are presenting a performance which can only be described as "catastrophic" (save Paul Biedermann, who is the only one to have reached a final once and won fifth), so for us, from our German perspective, the swimming is a TRAGEDY to watch, more so since after the heats everything is always over for all our swimmers.

Therefore I need not even be angry that the semi-finals and finals are adapted to American prime time TV (Chinese morning, middle of the night for us here, best TV times in the States), since no German swimmer ever swims any semi-finals, let alone finals. :(

So: I don't want to discuss Michael Phelps.

And hey, back in 1972 I was 12, and had totally fallen for Mark Spitz at the time, so actually I want my teenage-hero to remain the best swimmer of all times :greenpbl: !

i looked him up, corinna. oh my god with that mustache! :lmao:

Well... I think it's exciting watching him. 4x100m free relay was just an awesome race to watch specially because of what the french had said before the race.

i agree chris, that was an exciting race!

eee. I'm related to Michael Phelps. It goes a long long way back, when my great great ( i think) Grandfather was a thames waterman

Well... I think it's exciting watching him. 4x100m free relay was just an awesome race to watch specially because of what the french had said before the race.

I was quite irked at the commentary for that race. The race itself was spectacular, but Phelps was hardly the MVP there. He just hung on for the first leg.

Even though it was the second and fourth swimmers (I can't remember their names, unfortunately) that truly excelled in the race, the commentators still didn't give them a moment of airtime, focusing on Phelps instead.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back