Michelle is HOT, true, but...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by jocose, Feb 13, 2006.

1. jocose

jocose TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    OK, I don’t mean to sound like a cynic or anything, but am I the only one who isn’t impressed with Michelle Kwan’s “noble” decision to leave the Olympics? Did anyone really think that she should have gone to the Olympics in the first place? Did anyone really expect her to win the Gold this winter? I don’t get it. Shouldn’t she have been automatically disqualified since she failed to appear at the Nationals?

I understand that she is America’s favorite, and that she wants one last chance at the Gold, but seriously, I’m not buying all of her crap about how she needs to put the sport first, and needs to put the team first. If she was truly concerned about Team USA’s chances of winning why did she petition to be put on the Olympic team? If she was so concerned, she should have bowed out then…when I would have believed that she was putting the team and the sport before her own ambitions.

Please don’t misunderstand, if she had appeared and qualified at the Nationals, I would have no problem with her being at the Olympics. But, I just feel that she manipulated her way onto Team USA, and she really didn’t deserve to be there this year.

I also wonder if it was really her own decision to quit, or if the judges came to their senses and put some pressure on her…or if she knew that she wouldn’t even make Bronze. I guess it’s better to bail now than not even make Bronze. I just think I would have had more respect for her if at the Nationals she had said, “you know what? I have this groin pull, I doubt seriously that I’m gonna be able to be my best, and it’s not about me, but about the team and about the sport, and I think I’m gonna sit this one out. Good luck Emily. Good Luck USA.”

Now, Emily. I don’t think she has a very good chance of getting Gold either, but had Michelle stayed, I think that she would have done a serious disservice to Miss Hughes, who deserved to go to the Olympics originally since she qualified at the Nationals. While I don’t think Emily has much chance at Torino, I think if she keeps skating like she has, she will be serious competition in 2010.

Anyway, that’s all. I just think that Michelle did the sport and herself a great disservice. She should have bailed out gracefully at the Nationals, and I would have believed the crap she’s saying at these news conferences more.

2. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Figure skating, ice skating, skating period...can't watch it.
    To be fair, I don't watch ballet either. And that's all this is, ballet on skates.

Maybe I need to get in touch with my feminine side? :er:

But while we're on it, why is ice skating always such a soap opera? These girls need to just admit it, they're past their prime, they failed at what they spent their entire life trying to achive, and now there is someone better out there than them. That's the facts of life. There are way better photogs here than me. That doesn't make me wanna stab you in your shutter finger :lol:

3. bace

bace TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Skating is for girly man dem poop.

i jest.

4. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

Bah! There are only two names in skating:

[​IMG]

And there is only one name in skiing:

[​IMG]

LOL

Rob

5. Jeff Canes

Jeff Canes No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    It not just skating, most athletes to stay pass they prime, very few go out on top

6. jocose

jocose TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ok, I feel that I need to clarify some things here.

1) I'm not a big figure skating fan, but I do watch the news often, so I'm up on it.
    2) you have to admit that some of the skaters are hotties, and they wear those little mini skirts...sadly
    3) Woody, you're right and it's really sad to say that Kwan is "past her prime" at 25. It's a sport of underage girls, which admittedly makes Jo Cose a little creapy when you read number 2.

As far as skating...if there are sticks, gloves and blood on the ice, I'm not really all that interested :lol:

Also, skating (imho) is one of the most corrupt sports there is.

7. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

All valid points Jo!

8. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm with Woodsac, I don't consider that a sport.

That's not to say that they aren't extremely talented and athletic...because they are...but it's just not what I consider a sport. I mean, look what happened last Olympics with Canadians, Jamie Sale and David Pelletier, getting screwed by crooked judges.

9. bace

bace TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think some of the girls wear way too much rouge.

10. jocose

jocose TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Mikey, if that were true than football wouldn't be a sport either, cuz Seattle got screwed by crooked umps!

Seriously, though, the judges are crooked...that's why I said that skating is such a corrupt sport.

Bace, the problem is that they are putting on stage makeup...you need to overexagerate the makeup so it shows across the span from stage to the first thru last rows of the theatre...in the case of skaters, they are doing it for the judges and audience...not the camera which is right up in their face.

Now, this excuse doesn't work for Ms. Kwan who was wearing way too much makeup when taking to Katie Curick (SP). Michelle is hot, and she has beautiful skin tones, so she should NOT have used that much make-up...really questions NBC's makeup department :lmao:

11. bace

bace TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I know why they wear rouge I just think it looks stupid.

I mean, they look worse than women in beauty pagents.

Bleh.

12. ShutteredEye

ShutteredEye TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Michelle is hot.

That is all.