micro lenses

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by panocho, Mar 30, 2005.

1. panocho

panocho TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Anyone could tell me how Micro lenses (Macro, if not Nikon) perform?
    Sorry for my ignorant question, but I was wondering to what degree these lenses can be used appart from their micro functions.
    In particular, I ask about those 1:1. I never had one on my hands, so I have no idea how this affects when you want to take a photo of something other than your nail.

2. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

I used to use a 105 micro as an everyday lens. Absolutely tack sharp. Wish I still had it.

3. panocho

panocho TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    but then, how does the aperture behave? doesn't it need to continually stop down? doesn't this become a pain when it has to be done in every single shot?

as far as I know, micro photography requires to stop down the aperture, so if you use a micro lens as a normal lens, what happens to this? will the camera automatically stop down the aperture having a micro lens mounted? how can you focus when the image in the viewfinder comes throug a f22?

sorry, but as you read, I really have no idea about how using these lenses, hence my stupid questions :blushing:

4. mikerfns

mikerfns TPF Noob!

Micro-Nikkors (for Nikon) have automatic diaphrams and focus/meter at full open aperture. In other words, they behave EXACTLY the same as normal lenses.

Mike

5. Hellashot

Hellashot TPF Noob!

Macro lenses simply have a closer minimum focus distance than a standard lens. So you CAN get your lens closer than a standard lens can.