Microsoft ICE

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone use Microsoft ICE? I'm having trouble when trying to get it to Perspective mode. It keeps switching back to one of the other modes.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or a work around?
Thanks

what is this ICE? i've never heard of it until reading your post(s)

Its a free Microsoft program for making panoramas. It's amazingly good - except for this perspective thing.

Im downloading this myself to give it a shot.

After a quick trial, I dont see this perspective mode. Care to give me a hint so I can find it?

At the top is a little box looking thing. Click it, and then the thingie next to it should have a drop down menu with things Perspective, Cylander-Horizontal, etc.

Perspective works with some panos, but not others. :(

i'm installing it now. i have a sequence RAW shots from the other day that maybe i can use. i'll give it a whirl and post the result here (hopefully within a hour or two.)

At the top is a little box looking thing. Click it, and then the thingie next to it should have a drop down menu with things Perspective, Cylander-Horizontal, etc.

Perspective works with some panos, but not others. :(

Well damn. That option isnt available for me. Its there, but I cant click on it.

You are talkin about the 3D cube at the top left, correct?

testing..testing..1,2,3,(4,5)
img_9160_stitch1.jpg

nice software. it's quite similar to the bundled Canon stitcher, except you don't specify the focal-length of the lens used. the cube tool that lets you shift the centerpoint is a nice touch. a cold, wet, February day. 2.8/28 MF Vivitar.

Last edited:
Ya, the export kinda sucks. But, I saved it as a .tiff and opened it in gimp anyways.

Ill post my results in a minute.

Ya, the export kinda sucks. But, I saved it as a .tiff and opened it in gimp anyways.

Ill post my results in a minute.

you have the export format box also yea? i just realised. but i don't have the original problem Dmitri is experiencing.

Yeah, the perspective thing works with some pics, but not others. I googled to see if I could find a fix, and all I could find was that some composites are too big or something. It's a "feature", but very annoying.

yep..that was an idea i had re-reading your original post. but i thought maybe if there was too little frames rather than too many. anyway. i'm going to try a re-export as TIF and a bigger re-edit of the resulting pano in GIMP (maybe 5x700width)

what i am interested in especially is whether i can create an X-Pan-esque image from just a couple of frames or so.

EDIT: http://www.fototheque.com/xpan/

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back