The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just realized that I barged in here and started blabbing without introducing myself. Sorry.

I am a fairly experienced photographer who loves to travel but lives in the mid-Atlantc seabord of the US. I try to get in one big trip a year - and live off the creative adrenaline of that trip for the rest of the year. My equipment is Nikon, etc. and I travel with a minimum set because of the weight; schlepping a bag in hot climates is a drag - D200, D70s, 18-200, 50 1.4 in a slingshot 200.

My interest is in colorful images with lots of strong shapes. My belief is that a good picture implies ideas or sensations that are beyond the frame. I generally don't use titles or text to explain pictures. I am fairly experienced in PS and don't believe it is the Devil's own application.

Counting down to my next trip (26 days) to Laos and Cambodia via Thailand for 38 days.

TT

Well then: welcome to ThePhotoForum, Traveller!
Can't wait to see all the wonderful photos that you are going to take on your next trip! Sounds like a highly interesting part of this world that you are going to explore this time! Cool.

Ah, so you have been to Myanmar?
That`s where my sister's going next April!

And I live in the NORTH of Germany. Halfway between Hamburg and Bremen.
Come have a look (see my signature and click on the link for more info) in May 2008!

LaFoto said:
And I live in the NORTH of Germany.
Sorry, that was clearly a drop-out on my part. Read 'Saxony' thought 'Bavaria.'

LaFoto said:
Ah, so you have been to Myanmar?
That`s where my sister's going next April!
The trip to Myanmar is the best trip I've ever taken!! April will be hot. (average high 36 with a max of 40 [96 and 104 in Fahrenheit])

It is a great place for individual travel. Locals are wonderful, travel is fun, living is cheap, everyplace is extremely safe. Read about travel in Myanmar on the lonelyplanet.com and voiceofburma.org websites.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to TPF!

Lucky Traveler, you've been great places. Can't wait to see a bit from your next journey!

Most reactions

Back