MidWesterners...what do you know about...

Topeka 1966. 17 killed over 500 injured. My great aunt and uncle lived 6 houses away from the total devastation zone. Some damage from debris. 6 houses away, scorched earth.

Greensburg 2007. The town ceased to exist. 11 killed. The town was reborn and thrives again.

April 2012: 0 deaths. McConnell AFB/Wichita, Oaklawn, Haysville, & Andover all hit by the same tornado.

Dodge City a month or so ago. 0 dead but 2 critically injured. That is the tornados heading for the high school.

You just have to stick around for a while son.

As for rent, so is buying a home. We were in San Diego a couple of weeks ago. While the wife was busy I was touring the Gaslamp district where we were staying. Stopped at a realtors to look at the photos and listings in the window. One of the realtors came out. We chatted and I showed him some photos of our $240,000 home in Wichita. The guy explain that in San Diego our house would easily bring between 4.5 and 5 million. Where are the Star Trek teleports when I need one? Apparently out there you buy a home to live in it, not to actually own it someday.

Now I see why I came home from KC with a train conductor hat for a souvenir. Glad so far the week's been pretty good Leo. Sometimes it's fun to go and stay someplace else just for a change of pace. And maid service.

It's been a pleasant morning and I actually have windows open. And it's supposed to be pretty nice this weekend.

It's been hot as all git-out around here the last two days. We had a pop-up rainshower yesterday that toned things down for a while, but then the sun came back out and steamed us without mercy.

But - the temps are supposed to get back to the mid-upper 80's in a couple more days, with more chances of rain. It's way too early in the summer to be looking at a brown yard!

It's been hot as all git-out around here the last two days. We had a pop-up rainshower yesterday that toned things down for a while, but then the sun came back out and steamed us without mercy.

But - the temps are supposed to get back to the mid-upper 80's in a couple more days, with more chances of rain. It's way too early in the summer to be looking at a brown yard!
If I'm not intruding exactly where is "around here" for you baby sister? So's we can put it in perspective. Came back from KC today and ran into intermittent showers between Emporia and El Dorado.
Now I see why I came home from KC with a train conductor hat for a souvenir. Glad so far the week's been pretty good Leo. Sometimes it's fun to go and stay someplace else just for a change of pace. And maid service.

It's been a pleasant morning and I actually have windows open. And it's supposed to be pretty nice this weekend.
Same goes for you there other Sharon, whereabouts in the US of A are you having such nice weather?

Last edited:
I'm in Georgia, east of Atlanta. Or should I say Hotlanta: 96 degrees today. :icon_sunny: At least the humidity was down. Kept the birdbath filled with water and they loved it!

I'm in Georgia, east of Atlanta. Or should I say Hotlanta: 96 degrees today. :icon_sunny: At least the humidity was down. Kept the birdbath filled with water and they loved it!
Here you go my dear.
BulleitMintJulep_L.jpg
41hd2D3ecNL._SX342_.jpg

Now you just sit your little ole self right down there on the veranda and stay cool. We don't want you getting the vapors in this here heat now Scarlet.
efxaristo.gif

Upper 90's today. 100 the rest of the week. Wouldn't be so bad except the a/c quit working last night.

The weather man has changed his mind. New forecast:
  • Wednesday
    Sunny

• 2.png

Thursday
    Mostly sunny

• 2.png

Friday
    Mostly sunny

• 2.png

Saturday
    Mostly sunny

Last edited:
FYI Terri, now that I know what part of the world you live in this is how I will always picture you. :allteeth:

Would make a good avatar too.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back