might actually be good

messier

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
please be brutally honest because i really like this shot

8.jpg

a.jpg

Stars would be my guess on the white spots. I like it too.... I normally don't care for center position subjects, but seems to work well here. I like the first one much the best.

i like the composition of both shots, but prefer the 2nd one much more... the first one feels too soft and the colors don't punch you in the face... the 2nd one has more punch to it and obviously looks a bit sharper too.

Wow, I have viewed them on two seperate higher grade monitors, and the second one, is full of noise around the branches on both. This is a good example of why critisisms differ a lot. What is looking better on one computer, is looking bad on another. I have noticed this a lot with comments given.

The first one is too soft and the 2nd one looks to have been over sharpened. It is otherwise a pretty good shot in terms of composition and exposure.

it definitely pops more in the second shot, but i like the first one better - it feels a bit surreal and hazy.

bronzeo said:
Wow, I have viewed them on two seperate higher grade monitors, and the second one, is full of noise around the branches on both. This is a good example of why critisisms differ a lot. What is looking better on one computer, is looking bad on another. I have noticed this a lot with comments given.

you're right... i can see the noise even on my monitor right now... i didn't look that closely, but it's blatantly obvious... actually now that it's been pointed out, it's quite obvious on the first picture too... just less so.

i still prefer the 2nd one because the first one is too soft for my taste

I think you may have shot the scene(s) a little too late in the evening. Would be interesting to see them shot maybe a half hour before...

the second one far better, but now when you sharpened it, try removing a little bit on noise :)

Most reactions

Back