Mighty Big Ben

Outstanding shot!

"Big Ben" is the hour bell in the clock tower.

I wouldn't worry too much many travel books seem to get it wrong too!
True, but it's much more difficult to taunt the absent author of some travel book that one has purchased second-hand from a flea-market; @crimbfighter on the other hand is readily available and makes an excellent target! :p

I must admit, if that's the formal name, I had no idea....
As a quaint custom among bell aficionados is that they usually assign names to individual bells. Each bell therefore has a name. Ben is big, therefore he is known as Big Ben.

It's giving me vertigo! Love it. Going to nominate for POTM. Great sky, interesting perspective, nice conversion.

I wouldn't worry too much many travel books seem to get it wrong too!
True, but it's much more difficult to taunt the absent author of some travel book that one has purchased second-hand from a flea-market; @crimbfighter on the other hand is readily available and makes an excellent target! :p
Well, being large I do make a big target. Can't argue with that one...

I must admit, if that's the formal name, I had no idea....
As a quaint custom among bell aficionados is that they usually assign names to individual bells. Each bell therefore has a name. Ben is big, therefore he is known as Big Ben.
Interesting! I'll have to start naming my bells! Oh wait, I don't have any bells...
It's giving me vertigo! Love it. Going to nominate for POTM. Great sky, interesting perspective, nice conversion.
Wow, thaks!

Most reactions

Back