migraines

wow, this is ... wow .. it just started with me like 2 or 3 hours ago, and now it is really bad :(

what a coincidence!

Ugh, I have sympathy for you both.:hug::

I used to get migraines so bad when I was in elementary school that I would just start crying in class because I couldn't stand the pain. Once I even passed out!

What I take for migraines, even though it may sound silly, is Childrens Motrin. I've taken it since I was in elementary school and it still works well. :greenpbl:

Well staring at the computer screen certainly doesn't help!

I don't get migrains. But i've heard they're excrutiating.

...about photography. Maybe photographers get migraines.

I'm one of the fairly rare males that get migraines, have always had them as a kid. I take a daily medication (been through many till I found the one that works) that virtually eliminates them.

If you're female and if they're tied to your cycles, sometimes you just have to get a good painkiller. That's not always the case, so see a neurologist. Keep a good map (calendar) of when you go to bed, get up, what you eat, what you drink, what you smoke, when you cycle and when you have a migraine. Do this for a month and give it to a doctor, it will go a long way to helping find the trigger.

i used to get thm in school. i would get tunnel vision and feel awful. luckily dont get them anymore

I don't get them but my wife does every now and then. I agree they suck. I don't have to experience that pain to know they hurt.

I used to get them a lot, but now, maybe a few times a year and no where near as rough as they used to be. Once I got my back and eyes fixed, we had found that the back problems contributed to the migrains.
My ex suffers from migrains a lot and is on special meds to prevent it. Hers were caused from chemical imbalances, which also caused depression. And I thought that was all my fault. :lmao:

If ya can....check out your Doc. It could be something really simple that causes them.

All the best.

Migraine's best enemy is a good dose of vitamin B. I got this advice from a doctor who used to have serious migraines. For some odd reason vitamin B (all forms of it) fights off any migraine.

I had one about three weeks ago and I took a power drink which had a lot of vitamins and a super dose of vitamin B. In about 10-15 minutes the migraine was almost but gone.

Worth a try...

Awww, poor nabero, Alex and zioneffect ... if this thread is contageous I best leave it at once.
I hate migraines. I don't get them as regularly as some women do, but I get them and hate them, mostly so the visual sensations I get during the aura. Ah, I must leave this thread now ... the mere thought of a migraine gives me queasy feelings in the stomach... :pale:

Most reactions

Back