*~*AshleyRenae*~*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
CC welcome

Military.jpg

Tank.jpg

definately sweet. what everyone should have in their backyard.
#1 has great crispness, good lighting, and color.
#2 seems to be dull in comparison.

just my 2 cents worth.

definately sweet. what everyone should have in their backyard.
#1 has great crispness, good lighting, and color.
#2 seems to be dull in comparison.

just my 2 cents worth.

Thank you! Yeah I agree with you, all it had was weeds all around it. I wish it was set up to grab a bit of the sky to make it stand out more.

I've sat and looked at these for a while, thinking about the various reasons two pieces of military hardware might be sat there on a hillside:
  • You were on a trip to Bosnia or Kosovo. Hmm, probably not
  • It's a conceptual art installation. Well, perhaps, looks a bit rural though...
  • Someone just likes old guns and stuff. Sounds likely, but wouldn't a stamp collection be a lot less trouble? :D
Food for thought. Thanks for sharing!

I've sat and looked at these for a while, thinking about the various reasons two pieces of military hardware might be sat there on a hillside:
  • You were on a trip to Bosnia or Kosovo. Hmm, probably not
  • It's a conceptual art installation. Well, perhaps, looks a bit rural though...
  • Someone just likes old guns and stuff. Sounds likely, but wouldn't a stamp collection be a lot less trouble? :D
Food for thought. Thanks for sharing!

Hahaha, none really. My husband is in the military and we live near post. They have these set up along the side of the highway. They had more because it was a trail you can take to see all of them, but I didn't go on the whole trail. I just drive by it all the time and figured I'd finally stop and get some shots of them.

Anyways thank you and your welcome. :)

1st one: 8inch Howitzer, FTW! Used as US Army field artillery from 1942-to approx. 1988-89. Long, effective range.

2cd one: Appears to me as a Alvis Vehicles FV432 APC (Armored Personnel Carrier), circa 1970's and '80's.

Nice photos, like how you took them. Looks like they've been cleaned up some, from rust and cracking paint. Have any idea of the pillbox or placement location? Or were these two moved?

1st one: 8inch Howitzer, FTW! Used as US Army field artillery from 1942-to approx. 1988-89. Long, effective range.

2cd one: Appears to me as a Alvis Vehicles FV432 APC (Armored Personnel Carrier), circa 1970's and '80's.

Nice photos, like how you took them. Looks like they've been cleaned up some, from rust and cracking paint. Have any idea of the pillbox or placement location? Or were these two moved?

For as long as I can remember they've been setting their and it's around Fort Riley Kansas "The Big Red One". I couldn't tell you where they came from at this time, but next time I stop I will walk the full trail and let you know. I'm sure theirs signs somewhere on that trail.
Thank you! :)

ah mr ihateyouall strikes again :D

as for the shots I really like the first one its kinda nifty, a bluish canon under a blue sky.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back