Milky Way Reflections

Very nice image. Did you take this one in portrait mode as well? I ask because a portrait mode shot could have shown more of the Milky Way and its reflection in the water.

WesternGuy

Thank you! Yes, this an 8 shot VERTICAL panorama using a 20mm f/1.8G lens, which is pretty wide. Of course I would have loved to get more of the milky way, next time i'll try a multi row pano. :)
You say vertical, so what about de opposite, horizontal? Despite for me this shot is horizontal, or I don't understand what vertical means.

Very nice image. Did you take this one in portrait mode as well? I ask because a portrait mode shot could have shown more of the Milky Way and its reflection in the water.

WesternGuy

Thank you! Yes, this an 8 shot VERTICAL panorama using a 20mm f/1.8G lens, which is pretty wide. Of course I would have loved to get more of the milky way, next time i'll try a multi row pano. :)
You say vertical, so what about de opposite, horizontal? Despite for me this shot is horizontal, or I don't understand what vertical means.
For vertical, replace it with portrait mode. For horizontal replace it with landscape mode. If I then translate this to the original image, then the OP shot this image as a series of portrait mode images and then merged them all into an image that mimics a landscape mode image. I hope this helps improve your understanding.

WesternGuy

Thanks guys! Yea it's portrait mode....i'm a scientist at heart so I guess I resort to the most technical term.

Really cool image!

I love it, great work! :)

Its a great image but it has the feel of a composite to me. The foreground looks like its added to a layer of stars that has been mirrored vertically.

Its a great image but it has the feel of a composite to me. The foreground looks like its added to a layer of stars that has been mirrored vertically.

Thanks, and I can see how it appears to be a composite, as a reflection that good is rare. But I assure you it's not, and in fact I have several other photos similar that i'll be posting soon. If you are interested, I can post the RAW photo for you to see.

Peace!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back