TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just so lucky on this one!!

Nov1404Golf72bb.jpg

I am reposting this since the first post is to small to really see the pic properlly. I saw one negative comment so far, and I hope I am not the only one who likes this pic., please help me!! I am drowning!!! And please post your thoughts, - or + .. I will deal with the emotional trauma!! heehehe

Nov1404Golf72.jpg

I think if the sand weren't covering his face it would help a lot. Also if maybe the ball were in the frame that would add to this as well. For some reason this pic doesn't really do it for me, especially not compared to the boat pic that you posted in the photo gallery :)

eromallagadnama said:
I think if the sand weren't covering his face it would help a lot. Also if maybe the ball were in the frame that would add to this as well. For some reason this pic doesn't really do it for me, especially not compared to the boat pic that you posted in the photo gallery :)

I took 8 pics during the 3 second I viewed this moment, If I wanted to show a ball and face I would have, and as for your comparison, there is a better and worse picture in every picture provided here, I accept your comparison, and appreciate the fact that you liked the boat pic!! thanks!!

I also appreciate your honest opinion.

Raymond: "...And please post your thoughts, - or + .. I will deal with the emotional trauma!! heehehe"

eromallagadnama: "I think if the sand weren't covering his face it would help a lot. Also if maybe the ball were in the frame that would add to this as well"

Raymond: "If I wanted to show a ball and face I would have, and as for your comparison, there is a better and worse picture in every picture provided here"

This sounds rather snotty to me. You asked for an opinion, he gave it to you, and you post that? Was it just me or the way I read it?

Johnboy2978

This sounds rather snotty to me. You asked for an opinion, he gave it to you, and you post that? Was it just me or the way I read it?

Raymond : I also appreciate your honest opinion.

Johnboy>> I do like everyones opinion, but if someone post a viewpoint that I don't agree with, I feel I have the right to comment. I appreciate when someone corrects me if I am wrong, as I make tons of mistakes!

As for my "snottyness" I apologize to eromallagadnama, and to your Johnboy., in the future I will be more careful with my wording.

What do you think of the image??

I like the picture and It's a good catch.

Cropping usually ends up to be a matter of opinion, but I would crop out the whole left side so there is only a little gap between the left border and his head. There is nothing going on there and it detracts from his action. I think you got the top croped just right in the first photo, but I would leave just a little bit of the green on the bottom to give the picture more depth and it is part of the picture because that is what he is chipping on to. Bottom line is to have only enough in the picture to tell the story.

I like the sand in his face, its part of the drama
Looks pretty cool in B&W too.

Raymond J Barlow said:
Raymond : I also appreciate your honest opinion.

Johnboy>> I do like everyones opinion, but if someone post a viewpoint that I don't agree with, I feel I have the right to comment. I appreciate when someone corrects me if I am wrong, as I make tons of mistakes!

As for my "snottyness" I apologize to eromallagadnama, and to your Johnboy., in the future I will be more careful with my wording.

What do you think of the image??

No worries Raymond!!! I learned a long time ago that it is wayyyy to easy to read into things on the net that really weren't meant to sound a certain way at all!!! Please don't feel like I despise your work though, I really like a lot of the shots that you've posted in the photo gallery...I should probably comment more on them in fact, but in the critique gallery I try and critique ones that not a lot of people have...and this one no one had responded too so I thought I would :) Just b/c I don't enjoy this picture doesn't mean you don't have too...you like it for your own reasons and that's all that matters :) That's the great thing about Art and Photography...we don't all have to agree :)

One more thing...when I first saw the post only the small pic was up...but is that the ball that I see laying right in front of the sandtrap??? Or is it someone else's??? I do like the pic better now with the bigger version being up...I can see more of the face, and IMO he kind of looks like Harrison Ford :)

eromallagadnama: that's cool Amanda, I am happy you see something in this pic., but that's not his ball in the foreground, might be mine!! I don't remember. I never crop my pics, I just resize with mgi photosuite... now I have learned to resize with ms photo editor., faster and more efficient.

I appreciate any and all comments, good or bad. i admire someone who will share there opinions when they dislike someone's image. But, if someone expresses something in here, I feel everyone has the right to agree or disagree with their comments., and further post their opinions.

Personally, I will never make a negative comment to anyone's work. If I have nothing good to say about their image, I will sit on my hands. If someone asks me directly for my opinion, I will give them my honest feelings, respectfully.

To me, its part of the game in here., If I post what I think is a fine image, I am challenging everyone to find fault in it., and with that, the opportunity for me to learn.

I certainly don't expect everyone to share my type of enthusiasm in here, and I truly look forward to our future discussions., thanks!

Most reactions

Back