Millapead

jcharcalla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.charcalla.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi I'm new here. I took about 20 pictures of this thing today with my Olympus C750 in it's Super Macro mode. These are the best ones I could come up with. I belive the are both F3.2 according to my EXIF data. Does anyone have any tips on taking macro photos of bugs and crawly thing?

critter1.jpg

critter2.jpg

Thanks for the help.
Jason

Personally, I don't like the DOF on 1st, but OK that might be my opinion only;

But, on the 2nd, that out-of-focus huge leaf is very distracting + you've cut the subject, so I'd say that 1st is much better than 2nd.

Just MHO anyway...

Agreed, the DOF is too narrow. IMO if your subject is a bug (just as if your subject is a person) you want the entire bug to be in focus. The coloring of the millipead is suttle yet perfect and I would like to see that more.

Ok thanks I'll keep that in mind. Suprisingly out of all the photos I took of it not once did I get the entire or even half of the millapead in focus.

I personaly like the first ones DOF. I think if the whole bug was in focus it in part would allow to much of the background also. I think that would distract from the subject itself.

I like the saturation in the foliage.

For the second one i dont care for the hotspots on the miliped and the angle donsn't lend itself to the bug in comparision to the first.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back