Millapead

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by jcharcalla, Sep 5, 2005.

1. jcharcalla

jcharcalla TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi I'm new here. I took about 20 pictures of this thing today with my Olympus C750 in it's Super Macro mode. These are the best ones I could come up with. I belive the are both F3.2 according to my EXIF data. Does anyone have any tips on taking macro photos of bugs and crawly thing?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help.
    Jason

2. KizaHood

KizaHood TPF Noob!

Personally, I don't like the DOF on 1st, but OK that might be my opinion only;

But, on the 2nd, that out-of-focus huge leaf is very distracting + you've cut the subject, so I'd say that 1st is much better than 2nd.

Just MHO anyway...

3. tmpadmin

tmpadmin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Agreed, the DOF is too narrow. IMO if your subject is a bug (just as if your subject is a person) you want the entire bug to be in focus. The coloring of the millipead is suttle yet perfect and I would like to see that more.

4. jcharcalla

jcharcalla TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ok thanks I'll keep that in mind. Suprisingly out of all the photos I took of it not once did I get the entire or even half of the millapead in focus.

5. Vmann

Vmann TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I personaly like the first ones DOF. I think if the whole bug was in focus it in part would allow to much of the background also. I think that would distract from the subject itself.

I like the saturation in the foliage.

For the second one i dont care for the hotspots on the miliped and the angle donsn't lend itself to the bug in comparision to the first.