Million Dollar Cowboy Bar, Jackson WY

I don't think it's bad. I looked at it a few times, did something else, came back and looked at it again. I didn't want to just blurt out an opinion without thinking about it.

I think the cars take away from the picture more than anything, and that's pretty much 100% out of your control. The black sky isn't a terrible thing, but it's a lot of blank space up top. Maybe a cloudy night with a bright moon.. maybe even photoshop in a sky.

Obviously you could get higher quality with a tripod, lower iso and longer exposure (or even put the camera on top of a car or something).

The composition is good (all that rule of thirds jazz) and the area looks very old-west and interesting to me. Just a shame about those cars, they take away from that vibe.

But I'm also very new to this, so take my crits for what they're worth, not much. :D

I don't think it's bad. I looked at it a few times, did something else, came back and looked at it again. I didn't want to just blurt out an opinion without thinking about it.

I think the cars take away from the picture more than anything, and that's pretty much 100% out of your control. The black sky isn't a terrible thing, but it's a lot of blank space up top. Maybe a cloudy night with a bright moon.. maybe even photoshop in a sky.

Obviously you could get higher quality with a tripod, lower iso and longer exposure (or even put the camera on top of a car or something).

The composition is good (all that rule of thirds jazz) and the area looks very old-west and interesting to me. Just a shame about those cars, they take away from that vibe.

But I'm also very new to this, so take my crits for what they're worth, not much. :D

Thanks! Yeah, a tripod would have made life much easier on that shot. Also, at the time I wasn't messing too much with long exposures or anything. I had pretty much just gotten into the hobby.

I would try my hand at making the sky look better, but I can't do much in PS yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back