Milo

pyagid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my first post in the Critique section. I took an introductory level photo course about 5 years ago in College and just recently began to get back into it.

Please tell me what you like and dont like about these images

1)
milo2.jpg

2) same one with some slight color adjustment
milo2adjust.jpg

3)
milo3.jpg

4)
milo1.jpg

5) My Wife and our Pup
milojen.jpg

-Paul

*Edit relinked b/c photobucket shrunk the photos

If you want critique, then only one photo should be posted...otherwise the gallery is the correct forum. Super cute puppy though...I like how you got down to his level. The first thing I noticed, however, is the graininess of the images...was this scanned from a print? What ISO?

it was shot with 400 speed. When i had the film developed, i had them print to cd as well. I just resized them in PS for the web. It was a bright sunny day, I assume that if i had a higher speed film it would be less grainy..correct? I dont notice the grainyness nearly as much in the actual prints

-Paul

pyagid said:
it was shot with 400 speed. When i had the film developed, i had them print to cd as well. I just resized them in PS for the web. It was a bright sunny day, I assume that if i had a higher speed film it would be less grainy..correct? I dont notice the grainyness nearly as much in the actual prints

-Paul

No, the higher the ISO, the grainer the film, though I'm guessing some of the grain I'm seeing is because it was scanned to a CD, then re-sized...I'm sure it looks better in the print. One other thing I noticed is it seems just a tad overexposed. Most of the detail in his fur is lost...good job though....looking forward to seeing more from you!

Most reactions

Back