Min. post count to post in B&S?

reg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Stuck inside of Mobile with the GTFO Blues Again
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a deluge of people with one post dropping an ebay link or email address to never come back, and yes it's buy at your own risk but there's been a handful of particularly "worrying" behavior on there in the past month or so....

:thumbup: or :thumbdown: ?

*swallows hard*

I agree with reg.

:lol:

At least a post count of 25 like the other restrictions.

I think LP has it right - don't just limit it, hide it so they never try to appear in the first place

Ban em....let me have that big red button.
11.gif

I don’t have an issue with people joining just to post in the B&S forum it good for numbers.

Last edited:
I have no issue with it, either. People who have photography gear or photo processing software to sell are welcome to sign up and post their wares, or try to draw attention to their eBay stores by posting a link. They are trying to sell something; why not use the forum we have provided in this exact manner? Why force them to pretend they want to be one of the gang, which, in essence, is all a post-count requirement would accomplish? They can put as much information about themselves as they want in their sales threads - or not. It is buyer beware, which we have made abundantly clear - pretty much the same approach we have when using eBay or other online sellers. You can have a bad experience from someone who has posted 25 times just as easily as from someone who has posted once - and you can have a good experience, too.

If something looks illegal, suspicious or spammy then by all means, report the post, and let the moderators handle it. There is no need to sweat it any further.

Hmmmm
Im not sure.
While some people are scamming others are making a living out of this, so in a way, buyers have to be ware, and buy at their own risk.
If you put the 25 post count rule into play, not only the people living off this money will take the time for 25 posts, but the scammers also want money, so their going to take the time for 25 posts also. Its really impossible to keep the scammers out, they'll find a way in.
Really, its the buyer whos responsible. They have the job to research the seller before buying. I would definately make that clear.

So for the 25 post count sell thing::thumbdown: the scammers will take the time for 25 posts no doubt, and then continue scamming.
It doesnt take long for 25 posts, I'm at almost 200 and only been here since the begining of August.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136380

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back