Mindfulness through photography

PhotoMindfulness

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HI Everyone, this is my first post on this site. I am a technology and business strategy consultant working in London, work and life generally has been stressful and in attempting to find ways to be more connected with the world I live in, one thing I am doing is spending a little of my time on photography, going for a walk with a camera (not a iphone!) does seem to make me notice my surroundings and is a good way slow myself down.

I have a Nikon D750 and initially interested in night photography, including building/landscapes and moving traffic light trails. I'm a complete novice and would like to use this forum to pickup little soundbites of advice, hopefully slowing down the pace a life, even if just for a few hours a month. I took myself out to Westminster to take some shots of BigBen, so I thought I would post on here for some advice and improve, although I am a novice I can see one issue, although Im sure you guys will spot many ;o) Steven

Hi, Steven. I, too am a consultant, stressed to the max and use my camera to disconnect and chill. Looking at the pics later helps bring back the relaxation.

I found flickr.com shortly after buying my first digital camera almost 2 years ago. Have you posted there?

cheers, George

p.s. here are some of mine: B. George Day

Welcome. A lot of us use photography as therapy. If I don't get out with my camera and walk around at least once every couple of weeks I get more stressed out.

Most reactions

Back