Mine

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Tammy, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Tammy

Tammy TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

2. tgman5050

tgman5050 TPF Noob!

i think you should have cropped this shot much differently. I would have came in tighter to his face and arm and left the bottom half of his body cropped out. He has this really great expression on his face though, you caught a great moment.

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    mmmm, I don't know if I'd change anything here. You could crop out his body and have the closeup just for the great expression, if you wanted to, just as a second image from the same shot - but this is a very nice, informal portrait. He looks natural.

I'm liking the placement of his arms and the direct look into the camera very much. Nice exposure. I like it!

4. Jeff Canes

Jeff Canes No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Nice work, like to see it a little sharper image or is that just the scan, I think cropping would work either way :thumbsup:

5. drlynn

drlynn TPF Noob!

I really like the shot the way it is. A tight head & upper body shot would also be a nice photo.

My only nit-pic is the shadows under his eyes. What time of day was the shot taken? If you have to shoot during the middle of the day, and sometimes it's unavoidable, a piece of black poster board overhead but out of the pic will absorb some of the harsh overhead light. And/or a white or gold sheet of posterboard off to one side to give the light some direction to round out the face.

6. Tammy

Tammy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks everyone - I like the layout of this image because it works pretty well as my desktop image, but went ahead and created a cropped version. The dark circles under his eyes do bug me, but I can't seem to get rid of them without doing more damage - I wonder if I can get him to sleep with cucumbers on his eyes?

(Nah - his father would kill me!)

[​IMG]

7. Harpper

Harpper TPF Noob!

I like the new crop Tammy. I like your old one too but the head shot makes it seem more personal.

If you can get him to do that you definitely need to get that shot! That's a perfect definition of a blackmail photo. :wink:

8. tgman5050

tgman5050 TPF Noob!

If you have Photoshop you could fix his eyes with the dodge tool! Get in real close. If you mess up and make it too bright, don't go back, just try the burn tool or healing brush

9. boswell

boswell TPF Noob!

I think the head and shoulders crop works best :)

10. Walt

Walt TPF Noob!

The tighter crop is definatly better. I don't find the dark under his eyes a distraction. That being said, a small reflector would have taken care of it quite nicely.