Mine

Tammy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
jeremy_in_grass2b.jpg

i think you should have cropped this shot much differently. I would have came in tighter to his face and arm and left the bottom half of his body cropped out. He has this really great expression on his face though, you caught a great moment.

mmmm, I don't know if I'd change anything here. You could crop out his body and have the closeup just for the great expression, if you wanted to, just as a second image from the same shot - but this is a very nice, informal portrait. He looks natural.

I'm liking the placement of his arms and the direct look into the camera very much. Nice exposure. I like it!

Nice work, like to see it a little sharper image or is that just the scan, I think cropping would work either way :thumbsup:

I really like the shot the way it is. A tight head & upper body shot would also be a nice photo.

My only nit-pic is the shadows under his eyes. What time of day was the shot taken? If you have to shoot during the middle of the day, and sometimes it's unavoidable, a piece of black poster board overhead but out of the pic will absorb some of the harsh overhead light. And/or a white or gold sheet of posterboard off to one side to give the light some direction to round out the face.

Thanks everyone - I like the layout of this image because it works pretty well as my desktop image, but went ahead and created a cropped version. The dark circles under his eyes do bug me, but I can't seem to get rid of them without doing more damage - I wonder if I can get him to sleep with cucumbers on his eyes?

(Nah - his father would kill me!)

jeremy_in_grass4.jpg

I like the new crop Tammy. I like your old one too but the head shot makes it seem more personal.

Tammy said:
The dark circles under his eyes do bug me, but I can't seem to get rid of them without doing more damage - I wonder if I can get him to sleep with cucumbers on his eyes?
If you can get him to do that you definitely need to get that shot! That's a perfect definition of a blackmail photo. :wink:

If you have Photoshop you could fix his eyes with the dodge tool! Get in real close. If you mess up and make it too bright, don't go back, just try the burn tool or healing brush

The tighter crop is definatly better. I don't find the dark under his eyes a distraction. That being said, a small reflector would have taken care of it quite nicely.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back