Mini Fam Session - Weather Disturbance :)

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by RowmyF, Jun 23, 2008.

1. RowmyF

RowmyF TPF Noob!

About 20 minutes into this shoot, these massive gray clouds moved in and started raining ! Thankfully there was cover, so being the photographer I am - I kept shooting :) not for long tho...was getting too heavy so we called it a day..

Oh & BTW - I recently purchased a 50mm 1.4.

Till now I always used a my thrifty fifty..1.8...that $100 lens carried me far enough!! lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

That second on is SO close! Interesting setting... good clothing selection... lighting OK... good posing... too bad about the expressions. One outta four is not a good average.

Overall... a nice shot. Did you consider a square crop?

-Pete

3. RowmyF

RowmyF TPF Noob!

What do you mean 1 out of 4? I like that the children were all doing their own thing. It gives the family photo some character.

4. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

Which is nice.... but not so much in a group. Not as cohesive as if all were interacting with each other or some common interest. Why gather them into one pose if they're not going to relate?

But still... a very nice image. What do you think of the idea of a square crop? It would eliminate the dark, heavy area in the top, left corner of the frame.

-Pete

5. reg

reg TPF Noob!

Stuck inside of Mobile with the GTFO Blues Again
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well, to me it's not so much that they're doing DIFFERENT things in the 2nd pic, but they look demented.

6. MelodySoul

MelodySoul TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I really like #1.

Would have been better without the doll or at least if the doll was upright and showing but maybe I'm being nitpicky.

I think #2 is a cute "outtake" type shot but as far as portrait photography goes usually you want the group all looking at the camera or at least connecting in some way (e.g. looking at eachother). That is for the most part what the customer will be looking for.