Mini Model

AndreaB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.my-life-in-frames.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Played around with the natural light from our window today, and my little boy just kept on posing for me. Here is one I liked. CC Appreciated, I am pretty new at this.
IMG_3915a.jpg

The pose and lighting work well I think, but you took the post processing too far. I would scale back the shadow/highlights filter, and it would look much better. I look for the fade length (coming off his right shoulder for example) to see where I put the sliders. Of course this is only my opinion. Take as much away from it as you want.

Second edit is tons better! Adorable little boy... maybe next time use a reflector to lighten up the other side of his face, it's a little too dark on the one side IMO.

the second is much much better!

one little thing- I don't like the frame at all....itat least not here))))

I prefer the 1st. Only the boy's skin looks skewed or splotchy, perhaps in PP.

And, Susan, I beg to differ. I think the black frame gives it a nice touch.:blushing:

The re-edit looks much better to me. I agree with just having a little more reflected light next time you shoot. Good job.

I like the color temperature better on the first one. But i like the post processing better on the second one. The first one looks like you may have sharpened it too much to me. You could maybe use a little fill light, but at the same time i kind of like it this way because it's a little moodier and fits the subject's expression well. Nice shot.

Assuming that you are seeing the same improvement in the shadow area that I am seeing, this is what can be done with simple postprocessing.

skieur

minimodel_ed.jpg

2nd is wonderful....he is so sincere and serious to become a model.

Your first post has a halo on the left indicating too extreme post work and your second is too contrasty in the shadow area.

skieur

Most reactions

Back