Mini Steam engine

Gunngee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm new to photography, only been at it for about a year. I wasn't sure where to post this but I figured this looked ok. I worked with a fellow that told me that him and his brother have this train hobby. They have a club and it meets every year on the same weekend at his house and that if we wanted to come over and check it out we were welcome. He didn't say how big these trains were so we were quite suprised at the size when we got there. He has about a mile of track in his back yard. I have more photo's of various engines but this one was my favorite. Please, constructive criticism is most welcome!

TrainSmall.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shot, did you put the motion blur in or did you run alongside ? ... ;)

It was free hand panning. There are 2 or 3 other shots I took one after another but this one turned out the sharpest.

that's a nice picture..btw is that a toy?

No, they are not toys. They are actual steam powered engines that burn coal. These guys spend thousands of dollars building these from kits or from scratch and blueprints. Here's some other shots I took that were meant more for record shots.
IMG_4329Small.jpg

IMG_4338Small.jpg

IMG_4189Small.jpg

IMG_4206Small.jpg

I also have a friend that's into trains, and photography is a poor-man's hobby compared to this... You have to be an engineer to play their game.. There's no AUTO mode.

Rich man's hobby is right, I was also told that wives don't appreciate it much either lol. Their house is massive the whole lower level is their work shop. He took me through it and one half is a machine shop and the other is a woodworking shop. I had extreme shop envy.

Dam i have always been into trains very nice photos man.

Most reactions

Back