Minneapolis at night

padrepaul77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Experimenting with my new Canon Powershot sx10...went out last night and took some pictures, though in hindsight I should have picked a warmer night. These are some so-so pictures, but any suggestions for shooting at night would be appreciated. I use the light meter as a guide; F was about 7. Not sure about shutter speed; I think it was about 5 seconds? Like I said I just went with the light meter. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated! (Yes, a tripod was used).

Paul

The pics don't show up, check your links and make sure to match up your [img] tags
icon_thumright.gif

Hmm, this is quite frustrating! It says it cannot upload the file. Must be too big? Of course I can't figure out how to resize either in my software. Lovely.

How big are the original files, what format and where are you uploading from eg your hard drive or a website?

If you want to upload photos just for hosting (so that you can post them on websites) I'd suggest photobucket.com

If you want to upload photos and have them arranged and organized neatly I'd suggest a Flickr pro account (you can use the free account too, but with that you're limited to 3 sets and can't organize sets into collections).

I think the files are the problem. My new camera has a 10 megapixel; the old was 5; hence the sizes of them are much bigger, around 4 plus mg on some. I've been trying to resize for the past hour, and have given up for the time being as it is too frustrating; my canon software, adobe and even MS don't seem to have an option that resizes easily (that would make too much sense!). When I try to resize I end up messing up the picture entirely...not sure how to fix this mess. I think it just comes down to the camera, as I uploaded other pictures just fine from the older canon.

I think the files are the problem. My new camera has a 10 megapixel; the old was 5; hence the sizes of them are much bigger, around 4 plus mg on some. I've been trying to resize for the past hour, and have given up for the time being as it is too frustrating; my canon software, adobe and even MS don't seem to have an option that resizes easily (that would make too much sense!). When I try to resize I end up messing up the picture entirely...not sure how to fix this mess. I think it just comes down to the camera, as I uploaded other pictures just fine from the older canon.

Are you trying to upload them as attachments on here or to a hosting site?

I'm trying to upload them as attachments to the forum and also create a personal gallery, but thus far all attempts have been futile. I even re-size online and it still doesn't work. (sigh!)

I would just get a free photobucket.com account, it's much easier to upload and resize once they are on the site. They'll provide copy and paste links to post your photos too

OK, let's see if this finally works...

Attachments

• $Minneapolis Sky Line II.jpg
    $Minneapolis Sky Line II.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 94
Looks like using paint I was able to reduce the size of the file. I notice though despite a tripod it looks staticy; almost like you are watching a UHF channel. Any idea on how to eliminate this?

OK, I think I may have finally figured it out. Sorry for the excessive replies. Here's a shot of a pool hall. Again, I'm experimenting with night shots trying to get the best and most clear image; this one was a bit better but I had more light. I still don't like it with the car there though.

Attachments

• $Pool Hall II.jpg
    $Pool Hall II.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 88

Most reactions

New Topics

Back