Minnesota Winter and Fall Landscapes...Please Help Me Decide

I know I'm late to the party, but I really love #2. The colors are gorgeous, the shadows add to the image, and the lines (of the trees, horizon, 'fake' horizon, etc.) create a sense of depth and perspective.

Most of the rest are too saturated for my taste.

Good luck!

Jon

I know I'm late to the party, but I really love #2. The colors are gorgeous, the shadows add to the image, and the lines (of the trees, horizon, 'fake' horizon, etc.) create a sense of depth and perspective.

Most of the rest are too saturated for my taste.

Good luck!

Jon

Thank you Jon! Really appreciate the comments! I chose #2 because of the comp. It was unlike the traditional comp that I had with #4 and #5. I thought the colors played well together, and the shadow, sun, the direction of the trees all worked pretty good. I'm glad you like it, and Im very grateful that you took the time to say so. :D

NJ

I know you already entered them, but 1, 2, and 4 are my favs. Your work never ceases to amaze me NJMAN and I personally would be thrilled to have taken shots of the caliber of any of these.

3 is definately my favorite, that one is really awesome :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I love number 2 a lot as well!

.... I chose to submit #1, #2, and #6. I should hear the results by June 15. Wish me luck!

Good choices. Are those oranges?

& good luck.

Nope, they are frozen apples, neglected to be picked within season for some unknown reason. So, here they were in March, all shriveled and frozen on the trees, rows and rows of them in a local orchard. Its a shame too, because I live in a town known for its 23 different apple varieties. The apple crop must have been very bountiful in 2008. I don't think anyone has orange trees around here in Minnesota. ;)

I know you already entered them, but 1, 2, and 4 are my favs. Your work never ceases to amaze me NJMAN and I personally would be thrilled to have taken shots of the caliber of any of these.

Well that's mighty nice of you to say Nate! Many thanks for those extremely kind words. I do love to shoot landscapes. :D

1 4 5 6 my choice (not in a hierarchical manner). Love the colors in all of them

I dont like 3. Looks too artificial, I think you have exaggerated with PS in this one.

3 is definately my favorite, that one is really awesome :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I love number 2 a lot as well!

Thanks teardrop! Appreciate the nice comments very much!

1 4 5 6 my choice (not in a hierarchical manner). Love the colors in all of them

I dont like 3. Looks too artificial, I think you have exaggerated with PS in this one.

Yes, I realize #3 is not everyone's cup of tea. Thanks Valdr for ranking your favorites. It helps a lot. :)

Being an Minnesotan myself I think 1,2 and 5 are excellent representations of our state.

Nice work on all of them however, and good luck!

Edit:
I guess I should have read the whole thread first but oh well, you picked some winners in my book.

Being an Minnesotan myself I think 1,2 and 5 are excellent representations of our state.

Nice work on all of them however, and good luck!

Edit:
I guess I should have read the whole thread first but oh well, you picked some winners in my book.

No problem. Thanks for your input. Much appreciated!

For everyone who participated in this thread, and gave their opinions on entry choices, I want to let you that I have an update. I just recently received the contest results!

Just a little background on the contest, it is sponsored by my phone company, and the winner receives a cash award and their image printed on the cover of the coming year's phone directory. I just learned that there was 108 total entries, and my image #6 (the swallowtail butterfly) won 3rd place. So the winner, whoever that is, will have their photo printed on the cover of the next phone book.

I guess I was a little disappointed, because my hopes were set a little bit higher than usual. You see, the winner last year (for the 2008 directory) was me. :mrgreen: The image that won last year was this one:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/landscape-cityscape/125165-sunset-marsh.html (image #3).

I will pick #1 first and #3 second and follow by #6, #2, #4 and #5

Don't get me wrong, they are all good !! Nicely done!!

Just saw this today but I like your choices...

Stunning shots dude! Especially the first one :D
Pity about the flare on the second one, I know how it's difficult to avoid that thing with this angle. I heard about an anti-flare filter some time ago, but I don't know if that's efficient...
Otherwise, by placing the hand over the lens to shade it is enough to avoid flares, most of the time.

By the way, I think you should reduce your wartemark which is too big. It attracts our eye too much.

Keep up the good work!

Just saw this today but I like your choices...

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)

Stunning shots dude! Especially the first one :D
Pity about the flare on the second one, I know how it's difficult to avoid that thing with this angle. I heard about an anti-flare filter some time ago, but I don't know if that's efficient...
Otherwise, by placing the hand over the lens to shade it is enough to avoid flares, most of the time.

By the way, I think you should reduce your wartemark which is too big. It attracts our eye too much.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks very much Froggy! Yes, about the flare, I went back and forth about that and thought about cloning it out. Obviously I did not clone it out before i posted the pics. Some have said it looks cool, but they were non photographers. I think its more a distraction than anything for those of you that have more of a trained eye. So, thanks for bringing that up. I had the lens hood on at the time, but apparently it did not prevent the flare completely because I was shooting straight into the sun.

Thanks very much for the analysis. It helps tremendously. I'm always looking to improve. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back