Minolta ceasing camera and accessory sales in Canada

sunshine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I read on the Konica Minolta site today that as of October 1,2005, they will cease sales in SLR cameras (digital and film) as well as accessories and lenses in Canada.
I own a Minota QTsi, and was planning in January to buy a newer Minolta film SLR with more manual features, but still the option to shoot with AF.
I have begun to take more portraits and have been a 2nd shooter for a couple of weddings. I do also love taking scenic pics, and I rarely shoot action.

Could someone help me decide on which brand to go with? Being that I have only shot with Minolta, I am lost when it comes to deciding which brand would be best for me..........

TIA:D

You know, this is going to start another Nikon/Canon slug fest. But my vote (as always) is Nikon. There are a lot of threads where this has been hashed out. Both are good "systems" and will do just about anything you ask them to do. I like Nikon because when they changed from MF to AF, they didn't abandon their base of MF shooters. I still use a ot of my long MF glass on my DSLR's. But for each argument I make for Nikon, the other guys have one too. So, pick them both up and get a feel for them and make a choice. (as long as it's Nikon, he he)

TY for your opinion!

I hope I dont start a fued, but like I said, I really only know what it is like to shot with Minolta, and wasnt sure if maybe Nikon/Canon was more for action photography (or better) etc:D
Thank you for suggesting i just go and get my hands on them to see what it feel like. I am sure in the end I will have to do that anyhow:p

~Has either brand been around longer than the other do you know?
I am going to browse the other thread and see the arguements there as well;)

Thanks again!

ETA: I mainly started this thread b/c I feel VERY overwhelmed with the amount of options I have....I just dont know where to start looking...

I have bought a lense off of ebay, but it bothers me that I Really dont know the quality I am getting until I actually have it in my hands.

The lense was okay, but definately not what I was expecting.....

THANK YOU for that link, going to check it out now:)

~Has either brand been around longer than the other do you know?

I know that Nikon has had 35mm SLR's out since 1959, rangefinders before that. They both go back a long time, since WWII or so. And, they both got there start copying a German 35mm camera, one Contax and the other Zies, I think that's right. So either way, you will have a long history to back either camera line.

Most reactions

Back